Chapter 10 : The mysterious link

Uday was filled with amazement. After he got back his conscience, he quickly went to check the list of guests who attended the birthday party yesterday. Going through the list, he didn't find any unusual name or anything. All the guests were known people and even if they knew where Manyata is or wherefrom the pendant came, they wouldn't be hiding it.

Uday then called the security to check if anyone suspicious or any girl entered his place. But, was disappointed as there were no such check-ins. Finally, he decided to call all his household and security staffs to see if they knew anything.

Around 9, everyone assembled in Uday's room. A worried Uday hastily explained the matter and asked again if someone entered the room. Now, one of the servants came forward.

He said, "Yuvraj ji, is kamre mein toh hum aapke ijazat k bagair kisiko aane nehi dete. Aur haal hi mein toh sirf aap ki dost ke liye hi yeh kamra khola gaya tha."

("Yuvraj, no one enters this room without your permission. And, recently, it was just opened for your friend.")

"Nehi nehi Aashi nehi. Uske baad koi nehi aaya is room mein? Are you sure?"

("No, no, not Aashi.  Are you sure, nobody entered the room after she left?")

"Aur....haan wo Shalini aayi thi. Yeh kamra roz wahi saaf karti hai."

("Umm....yes, Shalini came. She cleans the room everyday.")

"Toh abhi Shalini kahan hai? Use mere kamre mein bhejo, quick."

("Then where is she now? Send her to my room, quick.")

"Par wo toh abhi tak nehi aayi."

("But she hasn't came yet.")

Uday let out a sigh and said, "Okay, then send her as soon as she is here."

The servants left the room. Uday kept wondering who could it be who left the pendant here like this.

About an hour later.

Finally, Shalini came. Uday didn't explain much. He directly jumped to the question.

He showed her the pendant and said, "Have you seen this before?"

She quickly responded, saying, "Yes"

"Where?"

"Maine iss pendant ko uss bedside cabinet pe rakha tha."

("I kept the pendant in that bedside cabinet.")

A sudden spark came in Uday's eyes, he said, "Where did you find it? And when?"

"Kuch din pehle jab aap ki dost aayi thi, uske aagle din jab mein yeh kamra saaf karne aayi toh yeh pendant bed ke ek kone mein gira hua mila tha."

("A few days ago, after your friend left, I came to clean up the room and found the pendant fallen at a corner of the bed.")

After Shalini left the room, it was clear to Uday that there has to be a link between Aashi and Manyata but it was yet to be discovered.  

                                                                             ...................................

Author's Note : Thank you all for showing so much love. Am trying to upload the chapters faster, sorry for such a long gap in between. Hope you guys like this part. Do comment to let me know how it was and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy.

Take Love 💌.