Chapter 5 : The Heartbreak

Uday couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the picture of Aashi with some other guy. Although, there was no commitment between them, they were not even in a relationship, but he still liked her.....a lot...and he believed, Aashi liked him too, but now...

He turned to Unnati and said, "Chalo, choti."

(Choti, let's go)

At Udaynivas

Uday went straight to his room and sat in his bed. He stared blankly at the wall for sometime and then, took the portrait of her mother from the side table. He stared at her picture for another while and then his eyes became heavy with tears. He said, " Why does it always happen to me, ma? Whenever I feel happy, the moment everything starts to feel right.... Something happens and everything just shatters in front of my eyes.... First, when Choti came to this world and we were all a very happy family...you left us.. I was deeply saddened....but, then Manyata came and said, she will always be by my side. I didn't knew much about love back then but I felt strong after talking to her. She made me realise that am not alone, and after you, I still got someone behind my back. I still remember how she bandaged my wounded hand when the sword accidentally slipped through my hand, injuring it. I was finally happy again.... After you left me, but.... One morning they informed me.. Manyata was kidnapped; I didn't eat for a whole day....I...I was so upset that I locked myself in my room, even refused to play with choti. But, no one noticed me or my sufferings.... Dad was too busy with his business work, as usual. Then, choti came to me, at night and innocently said... Dada, kya aap mujhse gussa ho? Aj kya khana bhi nehi khaoge mere saath? (Dada, are you angry with me? Wouldn't you even eat with me today?)....I looked at her, her eyes were filled with tears and then.... Then I vowed to myself, I won't let myself to be this weak ever again....I have to be strong...for choti...for Manyata and...for you..." Uday paused a bit.

Then he said, "In the desire of being strong...I don't know when I lost having 'real' feelings and then...before I knew...I became a casanova.. But that day, when Aashi.... without even knowing me...showed affection and care for me in the plane..it made me feel good, like.. am too a human being and am allowed to have feelings as well; am allowed to crave for love as others.. And...after all this years, it was the first time that I was able to discover that Uday who was innocent and sensitive, who was lost somewhere behind that heartless Uday. I felt alive when with Aashi, she was like a breath of fresh air for me but today.... she too left with someone else.. No, it's okay if she goes out with someone else, she is allowed to lead her life on her terms but the thing that hurt me the most is...she never bothered to tell me that she was leaving......I thought she too had feelings for me but it seems am really bad at reading other people's minds."

A drop of water fell from his eyes on his cheek.

A moment later there was a knock at his door and a voice said, "Dada, are you awake?"

Uday cleared his voice and wiped off the tears on his face and said, "Yes choti, come in."

Choti entered and came forward to stand beside where Uday was sitting. Uday turned to look at her and saw her low-spirited face. Uday stood up and said, "Arrey choti, kya hua?"

(What happened choti?)

Unnati embraced Uday and both went silent for few more moments. Then Unnati said, "Dada, I honestly thought, she was perfect for you..."

"Oh, I was not even thinking of her. Now you don't sulk your mood for this irrelevant things. It's your birthday tomorrow after all. Tell me, what you want from me this year?" Uday said, trying hard to keep his voice as cheerful as possible.

"Dada, you are always so.... caring...that I don't really need anything more from you..." Unnati let out a sigh and said, "I was worried for you...so came to check.. Good night."

Unnati went towards the door and paused. Then she turned to Uday and said, "The only thing I ever want from you is....your happiness... I can't see you like this anymore. I know the turmoil going inside your head right now."

Saying this much, Unnati left.

                  ................................

Author's Note : Sorry for the late upload. Actually, the network and internet was really down in here for this cyclone. Hope you guys like it. Do comment to let me know how it was and if you want me to add anything new or if there are any flaws and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy :).

Take love 💝.