[INTERLUDE] Areala

Euphony, Empyrean and Eminence.
Aspiration, Strength and Wisdom.
_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
The Divine Body was sculpted by Gaia for one purpose eons ago, the preservation of this world.

The soul had the character of humans, felt the same emotions as humans and even desired the same beauty as humans.
It was born as the imitation of humans.

She finally became a human.
Known as the First Lady, she blurred the lines between divinity and mortality

The Six Olympians were gifted with this power to guard and defend.
She rose to become their equal.
She fought in their war.
She fell into despair.
Her truth became an untold story.

But this is not her story.
Her time has long passed.

Over time, Areala's many descendants split into houses.
Each a part of her in their own way.
Her power and spirit only chose one being every generation to bear her title.

Heir of Olympus.

Every nymph in the city of the gods speaks the same words when asked about the heirs.
"They do not raise children on Olympus. They raise monsters."

"Beware, the Heirs of Olympus and their blue eyes encircled by golden glow.
Their gazes see only the sins of this world.
In their veins, divine essence flows."

Those unsung heroes of their world...Crushed beneath a throne like every one before.

~~~

The first Heir in thousands of years had been brought to the throne room of Olympus fifteen years ago...

The great prophecy gave the gods no choice but to free The Spirit of Olympus once more, let it take a host among Areala's descendants as it had many years ago.

It was obvious to them that Riaz Deorum, the son of the Empyrean House was who it would choose, last of his lineage, closest living tie to The First Lady.

Deorum...what a cursed name to keep.
Poor boy, they did nothing to help him as he died, overrun by monsters.
Punished for the so called sins of...ah never mind.
How unbecoming.

The house of Empyrean died with Riaz.

The spirit then chose a Kyrillos girl, barely a year old. The House Of Eminence cheered, the crowd sang as her praise echoed through the halls of the great city in the sky.
An heir with wisdom, surely she would bless their world.

Their voices fell silent as The Queen of Olympus strode into the room.
Whispers replaced their cheers.
They made way for her as she walked towards her husband's throne, an unreadable expression on her face.

In her arms, she held a child.
As she spoke the King rose from his throne and snatched the baby, perhaps so he could see for himself.

"How long have you known." Not a question, no. An order.
"Does it matter?" Defiance.
"There are two...How?"
"Only the fates would know."

Four words changed the reality of everything the people knew as 'truth'.
"Her name is Deorum."

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

As Hera's words, like honeyed venom, whispered promises of control and supremacy,
The King, though distrustful, felt a seed of ambition take root within his mind.

He shoved the child back into Hera's arms.

In the silence, Athena'a voice spoke from across the room. "Areala's heirs," She continued, her voice steady and commanding, "Have a legacy intertwined with the very foundation of Olympus. It is a fact we have denied for centuries...If we were to kill the child now we may just lose a potential warrior."

Apollo, reclining in his throne, toyed absentmindedly with his ukulele. "And who's gonna train it, dear Athena? You?"

Artemis sat still, "Riaz's daughter...If we were to kill her House Deorum would die out in an instant. We cannot hold that sin in our hands. The Earth Mother will not take the fall of another house lightly."

Ares, the god of war, stood among the gods, his eyes fixated on the heir. "Doesn't look like much honestly" He remarked, his voice dripping with a mixture of amusement and disdain. "A puny little thing, barely worthy of the blood that courses through her veins."

Poseidon stepped forward, his eyes flashing, "Watch your words, Ares,"

Ares put his hands up in defense, mocking the expression on the god's face.
"Don't get me wrong, Riaz was a punk with potential. And honesty it's embarrassing how he met his end." He hovered over the child. "I'll train it - Blood of House Empyrean's always a fun challenge."

"You?" Artemis scoffed. "You'll send her to certain death before her first quest."

Ares chuckled, a low and menacing sound that reverberated through the room,
"Well then, if she survives, she might just be worth something."

Before Hera had the chance to protest, Zeus nodded and say back on his throne.
"Ares will train the child."

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐ End of Interlude

Art Credits: The Dark Lords Confession- WEBTOON