SIX

That weekend Bella visited her mum. Leaving Eleanor alone with Charlie and free to lay in bed and stare unfeelingly at the beams running across the ceiling. Charlie checked on her a few times throughout the day, her lack of motivation and emotion reminding him of Bella's darker days. Losing family was hard, Charlie understood it better than anyone, so he gave her space.

Eleanor noticed the one bag that she hadn't unpacked leaning against her wardrobe, a black leather satchel - her music bag.

It was originally her mother's idea, to learn piano.

'It's a lovely skill to have, I think you'd enjoy it.'

She was right, of course, like she always was, and Eleanor fell in love with the instrument even as a child. She spent countless hours honing her skill and as she advanced she began to compose her own music.

Delicately, she took the scribbled sheets of music from the bag - reading the notes she had forgotten she'd written. They felt wrong to her now, the melodies were joyful and reflective of how she used to be.

So she sat at the desk squeezed into her room and began frantically scrawling notes - the silent agony she constantly felt pouring out onto the paper.

She only stopped when the patter of rain interrupted her, looking up Eleanor found the sky to be a faded crimson, casting a scarlet glow in her room as the sun sunk beneath the clouds. Looking down at the sheet she saw her spiky black notes, portraying the emotions she yearned to feel.

Something stirred inside her, slowly imploding within her and suddenly the room became much too small, suffocating her.

Eleanor dashed down stairs and out of the door without bothering to put any shoes on. The rain pelted down on her as she hurried through the woods, she needed to feel the air on her face as this foreign feeling reared its head.

Only stopping when she was thoroughly lost amid the darkening trees. And there it was. The shadowy figure stood among the black trunks - front and centre for her to see.

Something burned through her, like fire in her veins - she realised this was anger, raw and pulsating in rhythm with her heart. She brought her hands up to her face and sunk to her knees as she embraced the fury surging through her. As she hit the ground she screamed - her voice broken as she released her anger into the woods.

In her wrath, she unknowingly forced something else from her body, something dark. A wave of power rippled throughout Forks, of which she was the epicentre.

The Cullens, minus Edward, waited in the dusky forest. Each of them eyed Alice as she watched for the red haired vampire, until she announced "On your left."

Instantly, they became blurs weaving through the trees at impossible speed. They chased Victoria whilst she skillfully evaded them, forcing Emmett to the ground before leaping over the river - into the wolves' territory where they continued the chase.

The Cullens followed on their own territory.

"She'll get away!" Esme shouted as they fell behind the wolves.

Determination seeped from Jasper's voice as he replied, "No she won't."

Victoria once again leaped over the river, where Jasper pushed himself to be faster.

Ably, she jumped up and pushed off of a tree and then off of another, diving through the air. Jasper copied her actions, launching himself only for a scream to ring his ears, distant but desperate. Distracted from the chase, Jasper just missed her before plummeting to the ground.

Emmett and Carlisle picked up the chase, they were mere inches behind her - Jasper could even feel her panic. Then something surged through the woods.

The trees rustled as it pushed through them, when it passed through Jasper he was drowned in red hot anger. It was nothing like he'd ever felt before, unparalleled in its potency. The rest of his family felt it wipe through them too, winding them and slowing them down.

Once they had recovered, Victoria was gone.

"What the hell was that?" Rosalie seemed pissed, her family sharing her sentiments.

"I think I have an idea." Jasper barely whispered before hurrying of into the woods.

The scream still resounding his ears, Jasper followed the trail of anger. It lead him deeper into the forest, where, curled up among the trees, Eleanor lay on the ground.

He was by her side in an instant, placing his hand on her wet cheek - she was freezing and unconscious.

"What is she?"

Jasper had heard Alice following him, so wasn't surprise when she spoke. His thumb delicately wiped the rain from her cheek - she looked peaceful, not the stoic girl he had seen before.

"I don't know," He scooped her up in his arms, "but she's different."

Alice approached in the graceful way she moves, not making a sound. She placed her hand on Eleanor's forehead, hoping to glance into her future.

Instead the unequivical sorrow of death swept through her body.