1. Three without one

Misty Waterflower, Ash Ketchum and Brock Harrison usually watched TV together on Friday nights. They'd order some pizza, pop some beer bottles and sit on that same old couch they saved money for when they first moved in. Of course, Misty would be just playing with her hair, Ash would be rolling the pizza slices and stuffing them quickly into his mouth so he can have more, and Brock would be focused on the reality show that he'd totally forget about the food and the drinks. Ash would be eating all of it anyway.

"I have something to tell you."

Misty and Ash were alarmed when Brock got off the couch and sat on the coffee table instead. He looked too serious for the Brock they knew, and the table was usually for their feet.

"What's going on?" Misty sat straight.

"No, no, it's all good news." Brock assured, smiling.

Misty and Brock turned toward Ash who was taking a pizza slice from the second box.

"What?" Ash blinked.

"Can you stop eating for a moment – just a moment – and hear what Brock has to say?"

Ash rolled the pizza slice and ate it quickly. He spoke while still munching. "Okay."

Misty groaned. She looked at Brock. "What is it?"

Ash has discreetly taken another slice of pizza. Brock sat straight, cleared his throat and said,

"I'm moving."

Misty's smile faded and Ash dropped the pizza that landed right on his left thigh.

"Great news, huh?" Brock's hands were trembling a little. "I'm moving in with Lucy!"

Misty and Ash were frozen for several seconds, still proceeding the information in their heads.

"Really?" Ash made a disgusted face.

"How – I thought – I mean," Misty didn't want to hurt Brock with her words, but she couldn't help but say, "Didn't you just meet her?"

"Well, not literally-"

"And is it okay with you to go live with someone you just started dating?"

"Is there a rule for this? A minimum of months?" Brock got a little on the defensive.

"There isn't." Ash shook his head as he grabbed the pizza slice that fell on his thigh, rolled it and ate it.

Misty looked between her two male roommates and best friends. "Seriously? Are you okay with this?" She quickly added, "Well, maybe not Ash because he has no idea what that implies but have you really thought about this?"

"Speak for yourself, Misty."

"You can't tell him it's okay! You know nothing about relationships!" Misty snapped at Ash.

"And what do you even know? When did you become an expert?" Ash narrowed his eyes.

"Euh, guys-"

"I know certainly more than someone who just spends all his day sitting on his fat butt in front of the computer eating massive amounts of food and burping!"

"It's remote work, Misty! You're just angry because you can't be a swimming teacher from the comfort of your bed!" He shouted back. "And burping is normal!"

"You're so disgusting!"

"Because you never burp and you sh*t flowers! Right?"

"GUYS! STOP!"

Misty and Ash turned to look at Brock at the same time. He didn't look as happy as before.

"Will you please hear me out?" He sighed heavily.