5. Use them eyes

Misty was in her dark blue swimsuit walking around the pool, checking if the pool was fully clean and if any swimming material was left floating. Her class was over and the girls were already in the changing rooms.

"Misty!"

She turned around when she heard her name. Leaf was standing at the glassy door, holding the hand of her four years old son. "Hey!"

"Hey Lee." Misty walked toward her and gave her a quick hug. She bent down to the boy's level. "Hello Miles! You grew up from last time I saw you!"

"Hello Miss Misty."

"Isn't he cute?" Misty giggled and stood up.

"So far." Leaf looked down at her son. She started following Misty inside. "How's work?"

"Pretty good." Misty and Leaf sat on the waiting chairs. Miles sat beside her, busy messing with Leaf's phone. "Have you found a job yet?"

"I stopped looking."

"Why?"

Leaf cocked her head left and right. She pointed to her abdomen.

"No way!" Misty gasped. She grabbed Leaf's hands. "That's so great! Congratulations!"

"Not sure if it's so great." Leaf chuckled. She turned to look at her son. "Since I'll get busier as months go by, I was wondering if you could teach this boy how to swim. I thought I'd check with you first before signing him up."

"Of course! Just make sure you write down my name on the application. They might put him with Danny if you leave that blank."

"Oh, Danny?" Leaf smirked.

Misty didn't catch the hint. "They automatically give him the boys, but I'm going to arrange Miles's lessons after the girls' class as a private session."

"No, I meant, Danny?"

"Yes, Danny."

"Danny, who asked you out before?"

"Yes, that Danny."

Leaf leaned back on her chair. "You should date him."

"We've had this conversation before." He was her colleague and she didn't really like him.

"I saw him on my way here." Leaf sighed heavily. "He's so gorgeous."

"I thought you were engaged."

"Doesn't mean I have to close my eyes every time I walk past a handsome muscular young man! Do you think Gary closes his eyes when he walks past women? All the girls he works with are in the no-bra movement!"

Misty bent her knee and put her arm on it. "Gary never closes his eyes."

"Daddy is so cool." Miles spoke while playing on Leaf's phone.

"Sure he is, sweetie." Leaf chuckled. She turned to look at the redhead. "And you need to use those eyes too, Misty."

Misty didn't respond. She kept staring blankly in front of her.

"I mean, look around you!" Leaf checked what her son was doing with her phone. He was Gary's son, after all.

"Lucy said..." Misty began.

"Hum?"

"Uh, a friend of mine said..." Misty looked at Leaf. "That... Ash might still want to be with me."

"I thought you were over him."

"Yes, yes, but, what if he wants to?" What if that time he asked her out was real? What if he wasn't joking around?