7. Busted, also busted

"Guys?"

"Uhm, guuuys?"

"Breakfast? Anyone?"

"Hello?"

Misty opened her eyes slowly, suddenly feeling the presence of someone staring at her. As her eyelids opened, the picture became less blurry and Brock's face appeared. Her eyes fully opened and all the memories from last night started to take shape when the hot breathing of a certain someone hit the side of her face.

"Last night must have been good." Brock nodded at her, smiling.

Misty couldn't move. She turned to her left, where Ash was peacefully sleeping, his mouth slightly open, his arm over her chest and his leg over her thighs. He had her literally trapped under his body. As he breathed, she could feel his belly go up and touch her side. The body contact sent chills through her body.

"Don't wake him up. He seems to be enjoying it." Brock stepped to the back.

Misty pulled Ash's arm away very slowly. She slipped from under his leg and rolled from the bed, landing on the other side. Well, at least she was dressed decently, wasn't she? Ash's shirt was a, well, a decent clothing... 

"What happened here?" Brock looked around Misty's bedroom. "I was gone for a few hours last night and when I came back, you and him were cuddling on your bed!"

"Shhhh, he's sleeping." Misty rushed quickly out of her room.

"You're not getting away from it." Brock followed her. He closed the bedroom door. "Tell me what happened!"

"Nothing happened!" Misty exclaimed. She grabbed a robe from the couch and put it on. "It's not like Ash and I sleep on the same bed for the first time!"

"He's in his underwear." Brock spelled the last word slowly.

Misty crossed her arms over her chest. "Do I need to remind you of how many years I've been living with two guys?"

"When was the last time you and I slept on the same bed with my underwear on? Hummm."

Misty gulped. She headed to the kitchen counter. "I don't need to answer that."

"Sure, you don't." Brock stood against the counter across from her. "What happened last night?"

"Nothing." Misty filled the coffee maker. "I was a bit upset and we were talking..."

"Upset? Why?" He looked concerned. "You didn't say anything last night!"

"Lucy called and she needed you – I couldn't make you stay here just because I'm feeling bad about a little something."

"It doesn't look like a little something."

The door of Misty's bedroom swung open. It was Ash. He looked a bit shaken - and shirtless, since a redhead woman was wearing his shirt.

From the look on Misty's face, Brock could tell that she really wanted him to drop this.

"I'm feeling pancakes!" Brock walked to the stove. "Who's with me?"

"Me." Misty and Ash spoke at the same time. Their eyes locked but quickly drifted away from each other.

"But, well, nothing happened."

Leaf breathed out. She put down her hands. "Oh wow. Damn it, Misty. That was close!"

"You know why?" Misty held her lemon juice between her hands. She and Leaf were having a little snack in their usual spot in a bakery. "He said he didn't want to take advantage of anything."

Leaf put her hand over her mouth. "Oh."

"And..." Misty sighed. "It didn't hurt anymore, you know? I just forgot completely about what happened with Danny. We were talking the whole night. We laughed so much. We got really comfortable and started kissing..."

"And we got to that point. He said it wasn't fair for me." Misty looked down to hide her smile. "Sometimes I feel great about it; something I feel bad. I feel like I lost my chance, but at the same time, I understand him, and I appreciate that he thought of me."

"You didn't lose your chance! You just created it!"

"Ash was with a girl last night." Misty's words were bitter. "I heard him talk to her on the phone this morning."

Leaf sat straight. "Oh..."

"I mean, he came over." Misty shrugged. "But... I feel really bad. I feel like I was the one who took advantage of him and from our friendship. I used that to my advantage, Lee. I called him and he came over."

"Or maybe he's just in love with you."

Misty looked at her friend.

"Ash is in love with you, baby girl."

Misty pouted. She hid her mouth with her hands. "I feel like exploding from all the emotions."

"Ooooh." Leaf got off her seat. She went to give Misty a hug. "It's alright. We've all been there. If you're anything like me, then you can't resist him. They're attractive, those damned gamers."

Misty smiled. She shed a few tears, but they weren't really tears of sadness. "I was avoiding him all morning, but he was on my mind every second."

"I think you should be frank with him or else he'll just go back to Angie."

"Angie?"

"Ahem..." Leaf licked her lips. "I may have or have not hidden something from you..."

-

I'd like to give a shoutout to friends and loyal readers! Please follow them c:

Kasumi_Lover
Chilli_Flakes
Texas-76
DestinyStyleAnime
aamllover25
bluerose0308
My_Fearless_Roses

abbystories_

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone who's been reading and commenting on my works recently - I will tag more people when I update tomorrow. Stay safe!