Bonus Chapter: The Ship Captain

"Nice dog! Look at you!"

Misty had her jogging outfit on. She fixed the leash around Mars's neck as he wiggled his tail in happiness. He seemed to be as excited as Misty for their very first jog together. Delia and Ronny were running errands in Sinnoh for two weeks and Misty and Ash were caring for Mars in the meantime.

"He can run very fast," Ash told her. He stood behind the kitchen counter. "You could lose him."

"I'll be fine. I'll keep a slow pace with him." Misty petted Mars on the head and got up. "We are ready!" She held the leash.

"He's used to sprinting through Pallet town's streets."

"Ash, it's because you're slow and lazy," Misty explained in her teacher-y way. "It's why you can't keep up with your own dog."

Ash rolled his eyes. He said, "Also, he tried to bite Angie yesterday, so keep him away from people. He's not used to this place so he can get on the defensive quickly."

Misty looked at the black dog and grinned. "He knows best."

"Come back in one piece. I still need to marry you."

"You're just overreacting!" Misty opened the door. Mars instantly walked outside and started barking. "Alr- Wait – wait! Mars! Slow down! I'm going to fall off these stairs! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Ouch! Aie!"

Ash facepalm-ed.

"There you go!" Misty watched her pet companion happily. She and Mars were jogging at a good pace, and he seemed to enjoy the outdoors.

Mars stopped for a second. Misty thought he maybe wanted to relieve himself, so she waited.

"Or maybe not..." Mars seemed just interested in sniffing around the fire hydrant on the sidewalk. She giggled again. "Alright, take your time!"

"Misty?"

Misty turned around. Her eyes shot wide and her hands trembled a little as she held the leash.

"Hey, it's been a while." Danny approached her. "Where have you been?"

"Hi..."

"You look really lovely. How's the new job?"

"I'm good..." Misty stepped slightly to the back. Danny wasn't someone she could trust – not anymore. She left her well-paid job... because of him. He was starting to make her feel uncomfortable; standing way too close, or bumping into her often...

She cracked when they were in the pool once and he touched her bum. They were in the middle of a lesson.

"Where do you work now?"

Who'd had believed that Danny was doing all of those things to Misty? No one. Danny was the best swimming teacher, handsome, polite(looking), and teachers and students loved him alike. Misty told no one about what was happening, certainly not Ash. She just quit her job and looked for a new one.

"I'm - actually, I'm staying home." She lied.

"Really? That's not your style." Danny chuckled. He approached her "I was wond– hey." He stepped to the back when Mars got between him and Misty. He started barking loudly. "Uh, what's wrong with your dog?"

"Uh, Mars?" Misty let a nervous chuckle, panicking as she felt herself lose control of the leash. Ash said this dog was fast but forgot to mention he was strong. "He just wants to play..."

"Misty, get this dog away." Danny let a chuckle. "When did you get a dog? They're so dirty and they sh*t everywhere."

"Mars, it's fine." Misty tried to pull Mars away from Danny. She was leaving anyway. "Let's go. We're going back home."

Mars barked louder, making Danny make more steps to the back. "Make this dog stop! Misty?"

"Mars! Please!" Misty was trying to pull him so she can leave, but Mars was just so determined to... get Danny away from her. The leash slipped away from her hands slowly.

"Misty, this is – hey!" Danny gasped when Mars bit his pants. "WHAT THE F*CK! GET AWAY YOU STUPID DOG!"

"Mars is not stupid!" Misty snapped back, still trying to pull Mars away from Danny using the leash. She gasped when the leash got away from her hands. "Oops!"

"GET THIS STUPID ANIMAL AWAY!" Danny panicked, kicking his leg.

"HE IS NOT STUPID! YOU'RE THE STUPID ONE HERE!" Misty finally let it out. She wanted to get back at this guy and now was her chance!

"YOU ARE A CRAZY WOMAN!" Danny shouted back at her, Mars still shaking his head in every direction as he bit on the pants. "LET ME GO!"

Mars pulled so hard he snatched a piece of tissue from Danny's chinos, making a big hole in the pants.

"Pffft..." Misty hid her mouth with her hand to stop herself from releasing a crazy-a** laugh.

"BURN IN HELL, MISTY!" Danny rushed away.

"What a complete a**hole." Misty grabbed the leash quickly. She looked down at the brave Labrador. "Nice work, Mars! You just always get the right people! I'm so proud of you."

Mars grunted as he chewed angrily on the tissue.

"Yes! Like that!"

Ash watched with big eyes as Misty cuddled with Mars on the couch, her hands rubbing under his jaw, just like how he likes it. "I don't want him to go back to Pallet town." She pouted. "He should stay here!"

"Well, mom is VERY attached to him even though she complains about him all the time."

"I will fight your mom." Misty looked determined. Mars tried to bite Angie and bit Danny! In Gary's words, Mars is by far the best supporter of their ship. He is the captain of this ship! She can't let Delia have this precious being anymore. "I'm serious."

"I'm not married yet to have this kind of problem between you and my mom!"

-

This chapter was supposed to be published before the epilogue, but I forgot it somehow? So I edited it to fit after the epilogue. Also, there, SceptylishPizuril  you got your answer!