⁰¹ first years, again

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

sakura walked down the hallway, making her way to the corner near the big, white vending machines. that's where her and her two best friends have been meeting during lunch as first years at karasuno high. the hallways were mainly empty, a few students roamed while majority stayed in their classrooms which where filled with loud chatter. sakura didn't like staying in her classroom. she found it got too hectic at times when she rather have small, quiet conversations. the vending machines were beside a big window that faced west so the rays of sun would shine down on her as she eat her bento box. it was peaceful.

when she got near the vending machine, only tsukishima was waiting. the blonde was chewing on what sakura assumed was a meat bun while flipping through a workbook.

of course, he's doing homework.

she down cross-legged right beside her friend on the big jacket he had earned laid out. tsukishima didn't address the girl whatsoever. and she didn't mind at first, he was probably just studying hard, but soon the sound of her friends loud chewing started to annoy her.

without thinking, sakura swiftly grabbed the workbook for his hand and held it above her head.

"whatcha reading? must be good if you're ignoring me for it."

"homework, give it back."

"ya sure" sakura held the book in front of tsukishima in a rather taunting matter but before he could grasp it, she moved her arm back over her head. tsukishima's long arms definitely could've reached out and easily grabbed it from her, but he decided against it, knowing it'd only make sakura angrier.

"too slow. i'll give after you stop ignoring me" sakura stated, amusement laced within her voice.

"i'm not ignoring you"

she didn't acknowledge his response and instead, put his book in her backpack "let's just try this again" she got up from her spot on the floor and walked to the entrance of the foyer. only to turn around and sit back down on the same spot she was previously sitting.

"hi tsukki how are you doing today?" sakura asked.

"i'm fine, sakura, how are you?" he replied sarcastically, playing along with her little game.

"i'm great, so glad you asked. where's yamaguchi?"

"don't know, probably just running late" he hissed.

"oh okay. how was meeting the volleyball team yesterday?"

"fine." tsukishima gave sakura another bland response.

"are they any good? any other first years?" sakura asked in her usual energetic voice, clearly unphased by tsukishimas half-assed responses.

tsukishimas patience for sakura was running thin, "ya. can you just give me my book back?"