⁰⁷ city boys!

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

after lots and lots of convincing, sakura had managed to persuade takeda sensei to allow her to watch karasuno's practice game against nekoma. although, the teacher wasn't pleased when he heard from the third years, that she had went behind his back and asked to use their gym knowing he wouldn't be there.

sakura stood on the sidelines while the boys warmed up, holding a clipboard with different lineup formations that coach ukai asked to give her opinion on. coach ukai enjoyed having her around, he felt like he had someone to consult with who actually understood the game from a player's perspective.

"sakura," kiyoko spoke dragging sakura's attention away from her clipboard in her hand.

"i'm going's to fill up these water bottles before nekoma gets here"

"no need," she placed her clipboard on the bench before grabbing the bag filled with empty yellow water bottles from kiyoko. "i'll do it. i'm sure you have other, more important stuff to do anyway."

kiyoko tried to tell her it was okay but sakura insisted. while she's was outside at the cement water bottle filling station, a red coach bus that had "nekoma school" printed largely on the sides pulled up in the parking lot. she continued filling up the water bottles as rowdy teenage boys unloaded from the bus one by one. sakura tried her best to ignore them but when she heard loud footsteps marching her way and her name being yelled, she couldn't help but turn around.

"kobayashi? sakura kobayashi is that you?" a boy with a blonde mohawk ran towards her leading a group of 6 or so boys who all wore matching red tracksuits.

"i'm sorry," sakura turned off the fossett and screwed on the cap to the last water bottle before putting it down. "do i know you?" she tried her best to sound as sincere as possible. her father had introduced her to a lot of volleyball players when she was younger, the last thing she wanted to do was come off as rude to an old friend.

"n-no.. but i know you!" the boy rushed out causing sakura to raise an eyebrow. he was starting to freak her out.

"yamamoto please, you're gonna scare the poor girl off" another boy, who she assumed was the captain due to the number one on his jersey spoke with a small chuckle. he was slightly taller and had black hair that was cut almost like a rooster.

"shut up kuroo am not! i'm just introducing myself," he grumbled "excuse me miss for his rudeness i'm yamamoto! second year,
wing spiker, and ace. i think you are very beautiful!" yamamoto spoke while bowing.

somehow, before she knew it the entire nekoma volleyball team was crowded around, waiting for her response.

"i... um- that's very-"

"hey! what are you doing with our sakura?!" a voice chipped. in came running karusons second year libero and wing spiker.

"are you okay sakura? do you need me to get you anything? were they bother you? did they touch you?! i'll kill them if they touched you!!" noya pestered her with questions while tanaka began yelling at the nekoma boys.

"hey what's your business with our first year?! huh mohawk?? what about you rooster head? sakura you know these guys? i don't think she knows you bud so why you bothering her? you want some of this?!"

sakura tried to explain to the boys that she was fine. she was just filling up water bottles when the boys came by but they wouldn't listen.

"what's going on here?" the loud creek of the steel door gym doors and familiar voice made the karasuno students gulp.

"i ask you to check on sakura and this is what you guys do?" daichi spoke.

he walked out of the gym with the team following closely behind.

"daichi! we were!"

"ya and the city boys were bothering her, it's a good thing your here to take em! i mean- i could take them all on my own but it's good you're here to watch and learn!" tanaka rushed out making everyone, including the nekoma boys, roll their eyes.

"i'm sorry. i'm the captain on our team, sawamura daichi."

"ah it's no problem! testsurō kuroo," kuroo chuckled again and shook daichi's hand.

slowly, the two team began introducing themselves to one another, including kiyoko. sakura felt a little lost not knowing who to talk to. she instead decided to go back in the gym and review those lineups again, but the boys crowded around the entrance. 

"um.... ex-cuse me-" kuroos loud laughter scared sakura. he was louder than she could ever be.

"give me that"

sakura looked behind her where the tall raven haired boy stood. she was a bit confused so when sakura didn't reply right away, kageyama grabbed the mini cooler, slug it over his shoulder and started walking towards the gym. in the crowd, the boys parted around him without a second thought.

he really is like a king

sakura stood there frozen, watching, until the sound of the metal doors hit her ears once again. kageyama held the door open, waiting for her

she quickly ran through the guys and into the empty gym along side the boy.

"thanks" she paused before continuing and wiped the timid look off her face. "but just so you know i didn't need your help or anything. i could've got through on my own i was just waiting for the y'all guy to stop laughing! it would've been rude to cut him off you know, well not like you'd know you don't have manners you just-"

"don't thank me," kageyama chugged down water. "i was just thirsty."

he wiped the dripping water from his chin and turned his head to look at the gym door where you could hear the loud chatter of coach ukai and nekomata.

"look like they're gonna be there for a while," kageyama sighed "wanna... wanna work on your setting or whatever?" he said though gritted teeth but it had still made sakura smile.

kageyama had remembered his promise, and planned on keeping it.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

ahh it's been forever sorry! thank you for all the support. remember to vote and follow me babes <3