From Across the Galaxy

A/N This is my first time writing online fanfic so....I'm nervous, hopefully, you like it!

                                                                  Chapter 1 The Beginning

 In a galaxy far, far away.....

(3rd persons POV.)

 "Ya know (Y/N), there are other worlds you could be a part of, you're not bound strictly to this galaxy."

"And here I thought I had found a way to escape the chaotic nature of tonight's party." A young woman sarcastically remarked as she turned from looking up at the skies, 

"Well your not exactly hard to find." A young male smirked, "I just have to look for the nearest balcony in a secluded area on a starry night and lone behold, I find you, gazing up at the stars."

"Hmm...I just can't help it Feren...I feel drawn to it...I just don't know why." (Y/N) sighed frustratedly as she took the glass that was extended to her, "I've never been one for wanting adventure outside of home yet over the past few days something feels off in the worlds I've visited...like I'm in the wrong spot yet it's right where I need to be!...Have you ever felt that way??"

Feren shook his head causing his dark, messy hair to get in his face, "I did before I left my homeworld for this one, and look where it has taken me, I'm on the council of Healers doing what I love most."

"Ya, being a nerd who gets to play with plants and potions all day." (Y/N) chuckled as she playfully elbowed him, Feren chuckled as he let his arms rest on the balcony, 

"Yes...but it's what I had wanted since I was a child, to be a skilled healer with the knowledge to be able to save anyone in need of saving...how do you think you're still alive persidam carissimam?"

(Y/N) chuckled and swirled her drink around, "By your help and sheer, dumb, luck."

"We both know that it's ALL because of me."  Feren laughed, "but in all seriousness (Y/N) if you feel something calling you, you've never been one to simply stay behind and leave it alone..if anything your the one who is always chasing after one thing or another. So why ignore this call?"

(Y/N) thought for a moment before looking at Feren with a thoughtful face, 

"I don't know what I'm chasing this time, or..if who or whatever is calling out to me is worth it..."

"How so?" Feren inquired, curious about her response,

"I mean...look around you," She stated, waving her hands out in front of them, "We live in a glorious realm, and while it has it's dangers and problems of its own..it is a haven for all who come here be it our kind or anyone else...it has peace...I'm just not sure I want to leave this all behind quite yet."

Feren thought for a moment his hand on his chin, "I think you already know the answer to that, you just don't want to accept it."

(Y/N) looked confused, "What do you mean?"

Feren gave her a knowing look, "(Y/N)...your one of our best, most powerful warriors, you've effortlessly mastered both the light and dark sides to your dragon magic, plus learned healing spells..powerful ones at that. I've seen how you went from excited to have a challenge, to now, being leagues ahead of everyone else, you're bored with this life as you know it. You jumped at the chance to go on the quest for the sacred artifacts because you knew there would be dangers, puzzles, and eventually a bad guy to fight. Your dragon magic is to be used for action, protecting, and saving, not sitting around in summer evening parties."

(Y/N) pondered the words of her dear friend, "I know, and I admit I have been growing restless over the past few rotations...I just want to make sure I'm not endangering anyone if I decide to leave."

"Even if you did....the realm is in good hands, you know our queen's power and that of our warriors would be more then enough might to combat foes that might attack...(Y/N) you and I have been fast friends since I arrived here, and I do not wish to see you waste your life in the mundane when I know you want more."

(Y/N) smiled, putting a hand on Feren's shoulder, "Thank you persidam carissimam..you always did know just what to say."

Feren smiled and took (Y/N's) hand, "Now come on, I heard they're serving a rather tart lemon pie for dessert."

(Y/N) made a face similar to an excited cat, then proceeded to drag Feren behind her in the rush to make certain she got her pie. 

 *Persidam carissimam: Latin for  "My dear friend."