Eleven

a guide to getting through it (part 2)

I heard that you were feeling a little down. You didn't admit it per se, but I heard it in that small, deep sigh, in your short sentences and muddled words. I heard it in the lack of emotion in your voice, how it was so monotone and dull, yet on the verge of breaking - closed to tears.

I saw it in your eyes that you were feeling a little down, because they were a little watery and not really focusing on anything in particular, and I just want to say that it's ok.

That I feel your despair. I've been there too. I've seen the darkness that rests in your heart. I've felt my blood run dry. I've had to clear up my own mess in silent, sorrowful tears. I've been there before, I recognise myself in you. It doesn't go unnoticed, your whispered screams. It's not all for nothing, it's not worthless or stupid. I'm here, and I see you.

I heard you were feeling a little down and I wanted to tell you that you'll be okay. You'll smile again. The sun will come out again. Brighter days will come and you'll find yourself again.

I'll take you to that café you like. I'll sing you your favourite song, I'll play it on the guitar. I'll talk to you until the sun comes up, I'll distract you from all your worries or I'll help you speak them out loud one by one. Or if you want, I'll shut up. I won't say a word, and I'll listen or I'll just let the quiet seep in and we'll let the stars guide us through the night.

I'll be there in the morning too. I'll make you breakfast and I'll help you out of bed and into your day. I'll stay for as long as you like and I'll show you with every single second just how important you are.

I heard you were feeling a little down and I really need you to know that it's ok. You're ok.

You're ok. You're ok. You're ok.

I'm here for you and you're going to be ok.

yikes. it's been a while.