1. Giyu

Tsukiko has been on the receiving end of the stares of others for as long as she could remember. At first it was only because of her eyes. She had been unfortunate enough to be born with the night sky captured in both of her eyes. Her parents claimed it as a blessing and saw it as a sign of good fortune upon the Eto family.

Tsukiko saw nothing of the sort and avoided mirrors.

She also avoided looking strangers in the eyes. This was because she was also born with excellent eyesight. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul and Tsukiko swore that she could see through them.

Her eyesight let her tell if someone was lying, if they had good intentions, and more. It was like she could almost read their thoughts. This unnerved people to the point where they avoided her as best they could.

Tsukiko later received the stares for the cloth covering she wore over the upper half of her face. Granted, they were way less shocked looks than when she left her eyes uncovered but stares nonetheless. Thin cloths that she could see out of allowed Tsukiko a type of normalcy in her appearance; rather than a miraculous set of eyes. People stopped asking if that was her actual appearance or if she was some kind of wizard.

Although there was the rare occasion where people thought she was blind and tried to either help or steal from her.

The stares Tsukiko received now were stares she actually didn't mind. Once a year her parents would have her dressed up beautifully and today is that day.

The day to celebrate the engagement of Eto Tsukiko and Tsunoda Kouki and another year closer to their marriage. The pair have been engaged for almost their whole lives and the party in their honor each year is another excuse for them to see each other.

Tsukiko's parents had sent her out into the village from home the morning of the celebration as they done for years. She spent the day with a family friend of theirs to prepare to for the night ahead. After several hours she looked like a doll. Tsukiko could have gotten ready at home, but this is her one day a year to feel beautiful from the stares and she was not going to waste it at home. Besides, the Tsunoda's would not arrive until late in the day.

Looking to the sky Tsukiko saw the sun sinking behind the horizon. She was running late, it would be dark in only a few minutes. Despite this, Tsukiko stops a moment to admire the view of the sky. People pushed around her continuing on with there lives while Tsukiko had her head in the clouds.

'Kouki will be arriving soon if he hasn't already,' she thought with a small smile with a warm feeling in her heart. His family lives a distance from her village but they had insisted on the arranged marriage for the luck of her eyes.

At least she got one good thing from her eyes. Kouki is gentle and kind. He writes letters to Tsukiko regularly and the girl holds great feelings for him. Probably due to the fact that he writes so well.

With a sigh, she turns on her heel to start back to her home only to be met with a stone wall. A small yelp escapes from Tsukiko from the impact and her arms flail around like a spooked bird to steady herself. The people around her give Tsukiko odd looks but those who recognize the girl laugh.

"When did that wall get there?" The girl grinds out her thoughts in annoyance at the sight of her small bag. The contents that she had stuffed in it were now lying in the dirt. She was going to have a time getting them back in.

It took just a moment for Tsukiko to realize that her belongings were scattered around a pair of feet. Her eyes widened at the sight of them. She had ran right into a person!

The young girl's veiled eyes follow them upwards to find that they're connected to legs, then to a torso, and then a head. Two piercing blue eyes stared down at her and for once she could not tell what someone had on their mind. She couldn't tell if the man actually wasn't thinking or if it was just her.