Epilogue

The air was warm and the light from the sun illuminated the mountain.

Tsukiko found herself on the engawa of a house. The sound of nature filled her ears. There were also voices around her. She could hear in this vision.

Her clairvoyance skills were getting better.

In her arms there was a child sleeping soundly. Tufts of red hair stuck out from different directions on the infant's head. The small boy looked familiar to Tsukiko. Or rather resembles someone she knows.

A distance away sat two men. One with black and blue hair and another with locks of a golden yellow. They were huddled together as if planning something.

"Tsukiko," a man's voice sounds next to her.

Her eyes travel to the voice. There was Tanjiro. He was older and looked different. Injuries were apparent on his body that were new to Tsukiko but his hanafuda earring still hung from his ears.

"How much longer will he sleep?" Adult Tanjiro comes to sit next to her on the engawa. "I know he's not the first baby we've had, but I still get nervous."

Tsukiko's eyebrows raise and she looks down at the small child in her arms. This was her and Tanjiro's child. She was in a vision of their future together.

"Not much longer I suppose," Tsukiko told him.

He had said that the child was not their first. Just how many kids did they have? When did they get married?

"It feels like yesterday when I first met you," Tanjiro spoke. "You grow more beautiful with every passing day."

Tsukiko blushes at his words. Even this Tanjiro told her how beautiful he thinks she is. Like when she first showed him her eyes at final selection.

Lips brush against Tsukiko's cheek as Tanjiro leans in to kiss her face. The sounds of children's feet come from the other side of the house.

All was bliss to Tsukiko. This future is something she would fight to make true.

"Tsukiko," a voice whispers into one of her ears.

Tsukiko woke up blind to the world. Only this blindness was caused by the gentle hand covering her eyes.

"Tanjiro," the girl responded with a smile. The hand lifted to reveal the kind eyes of Tanjiro. Blocking out the moon was a trick Tanjiro found to bring Tuskiko back to him.

Since her training with Hashimoto, Tsukiko had been looking into the future more often. She often only saw snippets of scenes. Not everything she saw was bad but not everything was pleasant. Tsukiko was comforted by the fact that she had changed the future before.

After a talk with Ubuyashiki, it was decided that it is best not give too many details of what she saw. Not all deaths would be avoidable.

"You're crying," Tanjiro told the girl as he helped her to sit up. He wipes the tears from her eyes. "Did you see something sad again?"

"Oh no," Tsukiko stood up, "this time I saw something wonderful."

The two walk around the garden of the butterfly estate hand in hand. Going inside meant that they would be separated to sleep. Tanjiro had been fiercely scolded when he was found sleeping next to Tsukiko in her room. Then doubly scolded by Zenitsu.