9. Lady Tamayo and Yushiro

Tsukiko finally made it back to the stand where they left Nezuko. It had taken her heart too long to return to its normal beating.

Tanjiro had caused her to lose her total concentration too. Once she calmed down, she had to resume.

When Tsukiko turned the corner to the street with the stand, she was met with quite the sight. The udon cart man was yelling at Nezuko.

He was yelling about noodles.

Tanjiro grabbed the man to stop him from yelling. Tsukiko was still too far to hear what he said but saw him hold up two fingers. Whatever he said appeased the man.

That was until he turned and saw Tsukiko headed their way. Once she was in his sights there was no escaping.

"Are you going to get another bowl of udon?!" He pointed at the girl angrily. "How dare you leave a bowl of perfectly good udon to get cold!"

"Yes!" Tsukiko found herself yelling back even though she had reached the group. "Please give me another bowl of udon!"

The man looked satisfied with her answer. He gave a curt nod and vanished into his shop. When the udon was finished he slammed three bowls into the outside counter.

'Three?' Tsukiko thought. 'Tanjiro ordered two bowls?'

Both Tsukiko and the cart owner stood with slack jaws while Tanjiro downed both bowls of udon in an instant. He then thanked the shop keeper for the meal as if he hadn't just inhaled the food.

"Well?" The udon man turned his attention to Tsukiko.

She shrugged, picked up her bowl, and downed the udon in the same fashion that Tanjiro did his. Tsukiko slammed her bowl down on the counter.

"Absolutely delicious! Thank you for the udon!" She yelled out. The man voiced his approval.

The udon really had been delicious.

Tanjiro pulled Tsukiko by the sleeve back to Nezuko. Once they were all reunited, they started back towards the inner city.

"I'm sorry we left you behind Nezuko." Tanjiro looked to his sister. Tsukiko nodded in agreement with him.

Nezuko stopped walking and looked intently ahead of her. This caused both of the demon slayers to stop too.

"What's wrong Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked.

Tsukiko turned her head to look forward. It was the demon man that appeared with the doctor before.

Tanjiro grabbed Nezuko's hand and pulled her over to the man. Tsukiko followed next to them.

"Are you waiting for us?" Tanjiro's words surprised Tsukiko. Waiting for them?

The look on the demon's face told Tsukiko that he was not pleased. What was with this guy?

"I'm only here on behalf of her orders." The man stated seemingly annoyed. "I'm supposed to bring you three back with me."

"I could have just tracked you by using your scent," Tanjiro said.

"No. Our hiding place is hidden with a concealment spell. You two would have never found it." The demon sounded offended.

Tsukiko narrowed her eyes at him. She did not like him already.

"Concealment spell?" Tsukiko finally spoke up. The demon fleetingly looked at Tsukiko before settling his gaze on Nezuko.

"Before we leave," he raised his hand to point at Nezuko, "are you two aware that girl is a demon? She's not much to look at." He then shifted his hand over to point at Tsukiko. "You're not either with that cloth covering your face."