The Stage Is Set

Author's Note: Hello everyone! It has been forever since I've actually posted anything (if you want to know why you can head to my profile and I'll have a short message in my  announcement/conversation area just to keep this AN short). I am alive! This story has been brewing in my mind for some time, but due to circumstances I have been unable to write. But I'm hoping I can get back into the swing of things! Anyway!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Hobbit or anything you recognize to be a part of Tolkien's world, the only person I claim is my original character. The cover photo is made by me, but the woman in the photo I do not claim (if anyone recognizes where the photo is from please let me know. I would like to give credit to the photographer or the amazing model. Or if they want it taken down I will). Forgive any grammar errors and enjoy the story!

Warning: This story is rated T, but in the beginning of my story it is rated M due to zombies, a little foul languages, and mentions of suicide. I will make sure to always have a warning here until we start to move away from it.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

How long has it been since she's made this building her 'safe' house?

How long has it been since the world around her just...fell apart?

Her life so far has been hectic and stressful that every day she wonders just how long more should she endure it? Every day she tells herself to give up, but a small part of her thinks that tomorrow will be a promising day...only to realize that she was simply holding on to false hope. She is simply too afraid to let go of the life she's living and move on.

Today was different, today she was ready. She decided finally that she couldn't do the same mundane task day in and day out. She's made peace with reality, there is no indication that tomorrow will bring about hope or a miracle...not anymore.

Staring out of the stupid window on the second floor greeted by the same scenery from the day before, her savior...her way out lay beside her. Her hands flexing over the grip as she contemplated the last few minutes of her life.

Her thoughts drifted to the simpler times. Of the laughs she shared with her family, the friends who stood beside her when everything turned to hell on Earth. The good memories and the bad, she remembered every person who's impacted her life...and the guilt of outliving them weighed heavily on her heart.

Moans and Groans coming from outside the house snapped her out of her memories as she took a glance out the window once more only to see there were more of those things had gathered on the outskirts of the gate.

'My fault for not doing some quality control...though there's not as much as yesterday.' She thought before letting out a sigh. 'No...the people after can handle cleaning up this mess. I'm done.'

She took the grip of her savior and lifted it to her head as she stared out the window, taking a deep breath before shutting her eyes.

'I'm sorry it took so long,' She thought as she felt her chest tighten as fear gripped her heart. 'I'll be with you soon...'

And just as she was about to pull the trigger a loud commotion caused her eyes to snap open before she dropped her hands to her side. She stared out the window in shock and what she was seeing before she grit her teeth in irritation.

"Dammit!" She cursed as she hopped off the window sill in alarm before racing down the stairs and out the front door.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆