Look After Each Other

Author's Note: Hello! I'm a little off on my posting schedule, sorry about that. I am currently writing the next chapter and I'm hoping to post it very soon to make up for the late post. Welcome back! Thank you everyone who's left a nice little comment, vote and followed me! You all are simply FANTASTIC!

Disclaimer: I do not own Hobbit, all rights belong to the amazing Tolkien (along with any references from the movie belongs to Peter Jackson). Also, other movie references you recognize I do not own. The cover photo is edited by me, but the model in the picture I do not own. Only thing I own is my OC Sophitia. Any grammar errors you see please forgive me and I hope you're still able to read my story! Anyway! Enjoy!

Warning: Mentions of alcohol, swearing, and zombies. I also tried my best to be descriptive about certain locations without saying any brand name's so it's all up to the imagination.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"A dragon?" I breathed out, completely engrossed in Thorin's story. "You're going back to claim your home from an actual live...fire breathing dragon?"

"Yes." Thorin said with a fond smile gracing his feature. "Our home, a kingdom built within the mountain itself...and deep under lay jewels beyond imagination.

I feel like I'm seeing something rarely anyone sees, a smile. I could tell Thorin really missed his home.

"My grandfather, after finding the Arkenstone, grew sick." Thorin said. "His lust for gold invited Smaug, a firedrake from the North. That day we had lost our home...some had made it out of the mountain in time while others I fear perished in the mountain. Trapped with no way out."

"So this quest to reclaim your home," I said as we sat in the kitchen area. "how far were you before you were whisked away to my world?"

"We were very close..." Thorin said. "just through the forest we would've reached Lake-Town, and from there? Erebor."

"Then you need to get home right away..." I said to which Thorin nodded. "has Gandalf made any progress?"

"He hasn't said." Thorin said in frustration. "And we're running out of time."

"I'm sure Gandalf will find something..." I sighed. "magic in my world exists only in books. I'm not sure what more I can do to help, but hopefully he can find something useful in that library."

"I've been meaning to ask..." Thorin said wanting to change the subject. "on that machine over there, who are those people?"

Thorin was looking at the fridge and on the fridge was pictures of a group of people smiling back at us.

"Friends." I said as I went over to grab the photos that were held up by magnets, moving them around to release the few pictures I had. "The family who lived here had a polaroid camera. We decided to play around with it one day to lighten the gloomy mood."

"What's a...polaroid camera?" Bilbo asked as he came into the kitchen, a book held firmly in his hand.

"It's a tool that captures a moment and produces that image in a second?" I said. "Kind of like Ori's drawing...except while a drawing takes a few hours, this tool can produce it in seconds."

"Impossible." Thorin commented.

"I think I still have the camera somewhere...but whether it has film left I don't know." I thought before chuckling as I went back to the chair I was just sitting on. "Maybe I'll show you one day."