Two Groups, One Destination

Author's Note: First I want to say thank you to everyone who left a nice little review, a follow and a favorite! It's all very much appreciated. I can't express how thankful I am! You're all just fantastic! There is a section at the bottom where I answer the pace of Sophie's journey. Thank you again everyone!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Hobbit, all rights belong to Tolkien (book references) and Peter Jackson (movie references). The cover photo is edited by me, but the model in the picture I do not own. The only thing I claim is my OC Sophitia. Any grammatical errors or mistakes you see I hope you can forgive me and you still have a pleasant time reading my story! Enjoy!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Woah!"

I couldn't help but admire the view around me! There wasn't a building in sight, I didn't feel like I was boiling in the sun, the grass was so green, the wind smelled fresh and the mountains were so gigantic! Not even the scenery in the countryside looked as breathtaking as this!

"Keep admiring the view and we'll never get you to Esgaroth."

My view became obscured as the hood to my cloak was pulled over my head and yanked down hard causing me to panic when I couldn't see anything in front of me.

"Leave her alone Elrohir, father said she's new to our world, let her admire all she wants."

I pulled the hood back, keeping it on but just enough for it to protect me from the rays of the sun as I looked to my escorts.

"I have a right to admire! Your world is so beautiful!" I said with a smile as I urged my horse forward to match their own. "My world was so...bleak and full of death wherever you looked."

"This world is still full of death." Elrohir commented.

"Not as much as my world..." I said as I caught up to the two who were ahead of me. "Will we be traveling through the...Misty Mountains soon Elladan?"

"Yes, but not by night." Elladan replied. "We'll be resting for the night, and in the morning we'll travel through the Misty Mountains by the High Pass."

Elladan and Elrohir, Elrond's twin sons. I couldn't tell the two apart really. I wanted to call them Thing 1 and Thing 2 since their names were so hard to pronounce at first, but they made sure to wear different color cloaks to make it easier for me to tell them apart. So considerate of them I know.

They were very entertaining to say the least, and according to Elrond were very eager to volunteer for the journey toward Greenwood.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Elrond was kind enough to not tell anyone in full depth where I came from, said it was only on a need to know basis and only those that were involved would know. He had also urged me to never tell anyone unless it was absolutely necessary, not everyone he said was as generous and understanding as he was.

Relax was not a word in my dictionary. Even though Rivendell was safe, my reactions and my body wasn't registering our surroundings very well. So, it came to a surprise one night when I was awoken, straddling a fearful looking elf with my hand wrapped tightly around his throat. I immediately apologized of course, the elf had simply came to check on me after I was screaming bloody murder an hour after I fell asleep.

That was how I came to know Lindir, the poor elf that I had accidentally choked, he was assigned to look after me when Elrond wasn't around. He knew of the position I was in and he was also the person that was helping me understand a little of the layout of Middle-Earth along with it's multiple customs.