Chapter 5

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* The alarm clock went off. Estelle and Mason ended up with the blanket covering half of them, the majority of the pillows off the bed, and the "pillow wall" at their feet. They also ended up in a cuddling position, hugging each other with Mason's chin resting on Estelle's head. Slowly Estelle looked up and fluttered her eyes. As well as Mason. They realized how they were sleeping and stared at each other. Then in unison they both screamed. "AHHHHH!" They both fell on the floor off the bed. "What were you doing?" Estelle said. "What was I doing? What were YOU doing?" Mason replied. "I thought we said we wouldn't touch in any way! Yet alone cuddle..." I said. "I didn't... Let's just forget this ever happened." Mason said getting up and walking out to get some breakfast.
I walked to the kitchen to join Mason for breakfast. "Snow hasn't died down yet. I thought I'd get rid of you by now." Mason said. " Don't worry I was hoping I'd leave this horrid place too" I replied. We both ate breakfast that consists of the left over french fries and BBQ chips.
"Why don't we do something fun?" I asked again having to desperately do something to save myself from boredom. "What are we supposed to do? We're trapped in a apartment building" "Exactly. Why don't we go caroling?" I said excitedly. "Yea cause that's gonna go well." He said rolling his eyes. "You do know that we can get money for it." I said convincingly. That got him out of the apartment.
We knocked on the first door of the same floor we were on. A small red headed lady with two toddlers opened the door. She was very sweet and kind. Estelle started singing Deck The Halls in a jolly way and Mason barely knew the lyrics. I shoved my arm to have Mason sing a little better. Not that that was really going to give him the voice of Whitney Houston but I tried. We went to six different doors all giving us about five dollars each. The next door was opened by an old lady in a wheelchair. She smiled a very kind smile as we started to sing. Mason looked like he didn't want anything to do with singing. That's when I noticed a mistletoe at the top of the apartment door. I slowly nudged him next to the old lady since she's been eyeing him since we got there. Mason didn't notice until he looked up and the old lady made a kissy face towards him. I giggled while he hesitantly went in for a kiss on the cheek. I slowly backed away laughing. Then we ended at the door 468. I knocked on the door. An old man with a long white beard that resembled Santa opened the door. He was quite skinny and wore red glasses. "What do you want?" He said in a grumpy way. We both looked at each other hesitantly. I went for it and started to sing jingle bells and about four seconds into it he yelled at us to shut up. "All this Christmas stuff disgusts me. Christmas spirit is fake. There's no happiness in Christmas." He said. "Of course there's is sir!" I said in return. He scoffed. "We'll tell that to my family." The old man said slamming the door in our face. "I never thought I'd meet a real life Mr. Scrooge." Mason replied as we both walked back to his apartment. "Maybe he just needs a little happiness." I said in reply.