Chapter 13

Estelle got off the plane and got out into the cold bay air. She grabbed a taxi and started for her families house. Staring out the window she saw a gigantic tree in Union Square decked with large beautiful lights and a huge star topping everything off. Perfect for the holiday.
Estelle knocked on the door when she got there. "Hey!" She smiled tightly hugging every one of her family members. Even the ones who you never knew you were related to because it always seemed like they come out during the holidays then hibernate the rest of the year. Estelle and her family sat talking catching up. "How about you El?" Uncle Donald asked. I completely zoned not knowing the topic of anything we were discussing. I couldn't help but remember the last few days. I shook it off knowing that I was now here with my family. The ones I was wishing to be with since it all started.
Mason got off the plane the next day. He planned a surprise. A special way to greet Estelle. He was ready and wasn't going to hold back.
It was now Christmas Day. December 25th. Estelle woke up from the couch she slept on last night. I groggily got up and got some oatmeal. I got ready while everyone started to get up. After, it was time to exchange gifts. "Here's Aunt Norie's, this one is Charlie's, this one Angels." Uncle Donald said while everyone passed out gifts. Charlie got a tiny remote control helicopter and as soon as we got batteries for it he flew it right into grandma Daisy's stringy gray hair. Let me tell you, it was not a joy to take out. Hanna got some dresses, Danny got a karaoke machine, and Uncle Donald got a special wooden fishing pole engraved with "The Best Uncle Ever" given by my other cousins. Grandpa Finn handed Grandma Daisy his gift to her. She opened it and in it was a ruby red thong with a matching bra. "Oh DAD!" My mom said covering the little ones eyes while grandpa just laughed and winked at grandma. Estelle was more than happy to receive some gift cards, clothes, and a bunch of accessories. Something was missing though. It just didn't feel complete.