Chapter 9

"He was really sweet wasn't he." I said taking my jacket off and laying on the couch. "Yea. I actually never even noticed anyone lived in that last apartment. Now I know where to ask if I ever need a bag of sugar." Mason laughed. Mason turned on the fireplace as I sat down. Estelle looked around and the empty Christmas tree caught her eye. "Hey do you ever decorate your Christmas tree?" I asked. "Well... Sometimes but it's just not as fun without other people you know?" He said in return. "Well you're looking right at the "other people" you're talking about." I said but he looked confused. I stared at him. "Why don't we decorate the tree together." I smiled. He nodded getting up. "We need some music though" he laughed running to get a phone speaker. He set it up and started to play Last Christmas by Wham. "Oh no." I laughed. We got the ornaments from the closet and there were bucket loads of them. There were ornaments with snowmans on it to Marvel superhero ones. Estelle and Mason laughed putting the lights on first. "LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART. BUT THE VERY NEXT DAY, YOU GAVE IT AWAY" Mason sang out with feeling dancing along. Estelle fell on the floor laughing. "Where was this kind of singing when we were caroling?" I laughed. They continued to decorate the tree all through the night. By the time they needed to put the star on, Mason took Estelle up on his shoulders to help her put it on the seven foot Christmas tree. Mason spun around with Estelle still on his shoulders. They both got down as Mason now grabbed Estelle's hand. They started to dance to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey. Spinning Estelle, picking her up, and having loads of fun. They even took the sofa and a few blankets and pillows and started to make a fort. Mason and Estelle started to love each other's company. They realized that they both weren't all that bad than they thought.
I rested in the little fort that Mason and I now created. Him following me in. We stared at the ceiling together slightly exhausted. The tree was beautiful now all lit up and decorated. "See that was fun." I said. He nodded smiling. "I still miss my family though" I said. "Where are they anyways?" "They live in California. I was supposed to fly back a couple of days ago to spend the holidays with them. Except the snow haltered everything. I was also planning to stay there for a while since life here in New York is a but hard for me." I explained. "So once this blizzard dies down you're gone?" Mason asked. I slowly nodded. "I guess so" I said. I shivered a little since it was getting a little cold. "Here, I'll go get you a jacket." Mason said noticing how cold I was getting. He came back with a fluffy blue jacket. It looked familiar. That's when I realized that Mason was the guy who works as Santa at the mall with me. "You're the Santa at the mall? The one I've been working next to this whole time?" I asked surprised. Mason nodded. I smiled. "Thank you" I said. "For what?" "Everything"