Chapter 7

I opened the door and the piercing snow hit my face. It felt like tiny daggers stabbing me. The coldness made me shiver like crazy. Estelle tried walking out of the snow but her feet kept sinking down. It was nearly impossible to get out.
While she was doing that. Mason sat on the couch frustrated. After ten minutes he calmed down and started to feel bad about kicking Estelle out. He grabbed his blue jacket and his snow boots and started for the door.
Estelle on the other hand realized she really did need Mason and his nice warm apartment. She was still a bit mad so she decided to make a small plan. "Excuse me may I borrow this?" I said to the security guard pointing to the freshly emptied trash can. "Sure why not." The guard said. I took the can and went outside. I filled the can up with snow and hurried back to the apartment. I started to create a ball of snow and got ready to aim. Right when I was about the knock on the door, the door opened. Right then and there I threw the snowball at his face. "Hey!" Mason yelled as I laughed. I took another pile of snow and rolled it again. This time throwing it and running away. We both laughed at each other and started to use the whole hall way as our play area. We threw so many snowballs and had a blast. Then we went back inside to enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate. "Look I am really sorry that I broke Wolfy over there" I said. "Wolverine. And it's okay. It's probably a sign that I need a better hobby." He laughed. I smiled at Mason and started to notice that I was finally warming up to him.
"Do you have any extra clothing I can borrow? Maybe a sweater?" I asked. He smiled. "I think I have something." He motioned me to follow him to his closet. He searched through the many clothes he had and finally picked something out. "Here." Mason said. "Really?" I laughed. It was a red and green sweater with a huge Christmas tree with blue, yellow, and pink Pom Poms as the ornaments on the trees and a 3-D glittery star on top. It also had orange bows and buttons on it as the finishing touch. It was one of the ugliest Christmas sweaters I have ever seen. Estelle tried it on. The length of it nearly passed her knees. "How's it look?" Estelle asked. Mason took a sip of his hot cocoa and almost spit it out laughing. "Fine. It looks sooo flattering." He said with sarcasm in his voice in a jokingly manner. He walked out letting Estelle change.
We started to watch a sports channel with a young girl ice skating. She did all these beautiful flawless spins and turns. I was mesmerized by the performance. "Have you ever tried ice skating before?" He asked. "Of course" I replied. "How about in your own kitchen?" He smirked. Estelle looked confused. Mason grabbed two pairs of socks and a bottle of baby powder. "I used to do this when I was a kid." He said. "Wow this is new. I thought you didn't have ANY fun in you ." I teased. He sprinkled some baby powder on the kitchen floor as we put on the socks. Mason took my hand as we started to slide on the kitchen floor. Estelle did an amazing spin as they both laughed and enjoyed each other's stupidly fun idea.
The night came and they once again fell asleep together. They found themselves waking up close to each other but this time it wasn't nearly as awkward. "Morning" Mason said as I replied the same. "What day is it?" I replied. "December 23rd" the snow was still going on. Estelle was still wishing to be with her family but didn't mind to stay with Mason.