09. This time for good

It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on...

♧♧♧

Harin's P.O.V.

Our walk home from the bus station was actually pretty quiet,which knowing me,is quite weird.

"Are you okay, Harin-ah?" A hint of concern could be made out in his voice as I just nodded my head slowly,still recapping today's events on my head.

Oh man...today was such a damn tiring day.

I'm surprised I was able to get through it so well.

"You know you can talk to me about anything that bothers you,right?" He stopped midway as he held my shoulders and looked me in the eyes,probably trying to find a hint that could help him figure my thoughts out.

I gave him a soft smile as I leaned in for a friendly hug.

"I know," I mumbled the words out as my face was squished to his chest, "Don't worry about me." I looked up and gave him an affirmative smile.

"Fine," He rolled his eyes and quickly ruffled my hair, "I'm not pushing you."

"Thanks for walking me home."

"Anytime dummy," He waved at me goodbye as he turned around to leave.

"Oh Jimin-ah!" He stopped and turned to me again, "Sorry for your ring, I'll get you a better one. Promise."

He just shook his head smiling as to say that it was okay before waving again and leaving out of my sight.

I let out a deep sigh as I turned around and walked to the door of my house.

I pulled out the key and placed my other hand on the door knob as my heart unexpectedly started beating like a wild animal.

Well,never before had I been so nervous walking inside my own house.

Just thinking about Taehyung and everything related to him gave me a headache.

And it was such a small argument between us, no need for me to turn it into WW3.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I closed the door and took off my sneakers.

Immediately, the sweet, savory aroma wafted through the air. My stomach clenched with hunger at the thought of food.

I rushed to the kitchen with a big smile on my face as I expected to find my mom still cooking us dinner.

But,the smile vanished soon after as I realized it was not mom.

It was my brother.

Our eyes immediately made contact as he smiled at me softly.

"Oh Rin-ah, you're back already." He said as he placed the last pieces of the fried chicken on the plate, "Didn't hear you."

"Oh,yes..." I was pretty sure confusion was read all over my face, "Where's mom and dad?"

"They left on a business trip again." He calmly answered as he placed the dirty dishes on the sink and turned to face me.