ii - grey and old

15 yrs later....

You remember that you're not supposed to fall in love with her. That the decision you're about to make can change your lifetime, can change your fate - And is unreasonably reasonable, that it can make you happy . . . forever.

You love her so much you want to be by her side, of every minute, every hour, everyday for the rest of the week -For so much more years into both of your future lives. You want her to understand love completely. To know what it's like to feel wholly, madly and deeply fall for someone, and love them for all the right reasons. You want to show her a side of you, a future between the two of you. A promise to hold her hands for the rest of your life, even if it means dying beside her.

You know it's cheesy, sappy and full of romanticism. But you WANT her. You want Camila to need you in her life, as much you needed her.

***
Camila grew up a distant child of the Cabello's. She's also the successor of their multi-million dollar family business. It's a huge contrast thinking back to the girl who you whipped with a stick 15 yrs ago, it's totally funny considering now she's your girlfriend.

Their prestige manufacturing company of vehicles has an exhibit of vintage cars tonight. But all you could think of is how Camila's presence made you want to watch her more than a fancy show of luxurious cars.

Of course you want to be here tonight but for entirely different reason.

***

She's right there, sitting alone at the balcony. Far away from the fake concerns of her fake friends, greeting her with fake smiles and thankyou's, Socializing like this is just a stage play for them to act, play their part, and say the right words from their script throughout the whole party.

You can feel her fatigue seeping through her skin, Heck you feel it too, like this whole stage is spinning and spinning and spinning- non-stop, until you throw up from the grandeur FAKENESS of it all.

You wouldn't even be here tonight if your parents didn't persuade you to go out. They don't want you to miss out on what it's like to feel like you have a place (or power) besides people with elite last names, even for one night. But you don't want that, you don't NEED that. And you don't have any ounce of muscle to argue either, because they're your parents and it sucks.

You weren't supposed to be here, you want nothing to do with the glimpse of luxury that Camila is living on.

They bought you this long white sleeveless gown (with slight slit through the sides). It shows right amount of skin making you not a cunt or a hostess, but an elegant bachelorette - single and ready to serve, dress on a silver platter.

Your nerve even warns you for tonight. It's making you anxious, as many eyes of men and women are stuck on your body -it says lust and envy. You don't want any of their attention. You arrived here half an hour ago but you're ready to end this night and change into your comfortable black denims, before Camila saw you. And you're not hoping for that reaction but God, it made your knees weak like jelly.

She's standing at the cocktail bar talking to a man with a red suit,(whom you don't know) when her jaw drops, red lips stops in mid-sentence, and her eyes - they scan you almost bulging out of her sockets. It's comical, but her eyes gleam with pure admiration. And good God, your breath hitches from the back of your throat; because for the past 20 years, only her gaze made you feel so - incredible.

You're almost thankful your mother brought this unreasonably high price dress. Camila's reaction was worth it, but STILL the thought of not giving this hundred-dollar dress to charity makes you nauseous.