viii - Outrun

Your temper is brewing like on the edge of a cliff about to fall down without wanting too, like magma millimeters from spiking up the mouth of a volcano. Its just wasn't your lucky day after all. You didn't mimic your temper out of control, but you brought your goddamn food tray with you . Closing your fist around it as you stand up, shoving all of its contents on the nearest trash bin.

You left the cafeteria without offering Lucy any explanation.

You bite your tongue for too long (still doing it now, tongue on the roof of your mouth) you wonder how you could fake for so much longer.

After you left the cafeteria and gone to the school grounds for fresh air and a change of much comforting scenery (well, as fresh as the icy winter surrounding in your school could get)

The walls  of an elite school feels like a cold cell you dont want to be trapped inside in the first place.The walls at the back painted with tint of yellow orange and the Seal (school mascot) varsity logo; all blue and high and mighty almost drowning you.

You weren't held here against your will but sometimes it almost feel like it.

Why didn't just taken you to an all girls school instead of this one? You tucked strand of your hair to your sides, unshed tears building on the insides.

You sit down on the steps at the back gate, a tree stood there with its bare branch, its bark- wet, delineating every rough texture and dark outline. You stare at it for mere seconds, then your gaze lands on a patch of grass - still green, but flakes of ice wetting it when placed your fingers.

You took another wrong turn and you manage to find yourself in this secluded space, no troubles for your mind. Yet your fist is still shaking, pulling out the grass with your bare hands tearing it to bits and pieces.

You're still lost, trying to find yourself. Still running around in circles, on a push and pull of whether you wanna be with her or leave it just the way it was. Just here with her as her trusted best friend for years, no insinuated conflicts/ no mashed up uncontrolled feelings.

"I love you when you're singing that song and...
I got a lump on my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong."

There's a soft humming on the distant then you see a person takes a sharp turn to your left , voice filling you with familiarity , a swept brown hair with black winter jacket. The lump on your throat never fades as you see Lucy steps towards you, swaying lightly with each slow step she stakes, acoustics of the song Riptide at the atmosphere.

You're still tearing grass at your surrounding when she sat by your side. Boots cackling as she stretches her feet straight, 3 steps of stairs down in front of her. She doesn't glance at your visage, just there - minutes of comfortable silence neither one of you saying anything to break the ice.

Your fingers now feel like iced paper - with your ungloved hands turning to prunes, due to ice and water from the bald patches of grass now at your side.

She's here with you in this whole mopping thing instead of going to both of  your classes - This silent form of torture pressing you on, even though she already knows the answer.

So you ask her straight-up, "Why are you here, Luce?"

You turn to her sides, tucking a strand of your loose hair, wind grazing through the wire fenced in front.

Instead of answering right away, Lucia looks at your hands. Then few seconds had passed, you're just as much sure you're never getting an answer from her, when she reply's.

"You're counting leaves when you're anxious, tearing grass from you surroundings when you're upset or angry. "

She knows you too well. (Maybe too much)