(1) Family

Please read book 1 first, ( Alpha Onyx)

*** The year 1827...***

"Calm down Octavius," his best friend and second in command advised. He watched his friend pace back and forth worried, running his hands through his mahogany brown hair frustratingly and nervous.

"How can I? When she's screaming like that?!" he gestures to their bed-chamber with his hands exasperatedly.

Octavius' peanut brown eyes shift back and forth impatiently. He watched as the midwives hurried in and out of their bed-chamber. The louder she screamed the angrier he got. Driving his fist into the wall until his knuckles were bloodied, and fist-like holes decorated the walls. It has been nearly two hours and he could not fathom why it was taking this long. Her pregnancy had some minor complications, but the doctor reassured them it was normal.

"Kayli is a strong woman. She'll be fine," he consoled his friend.

Even though he himself was beginning to worry. Werewolf pregnancy does not usually last this long. He knew it and so did Octavius. Then again, the child she carries is not your average pup.

Octavius snarls and punched the wall. He heard his words, but for the life of him, he could not heed his guidance now. "Come on my love," he whispers to himself and prayed this pregnancy ends soon.

He was starting to lose his temper and it never ends well. The only thing that can calm him is in their room, giving birth to their first child. Her wailing was driving him crazy and he could not take it anymore. He knew something was wrong. Her pain was not normal.

"Octavius I can't let you go up-" he did not think twice before snapping his best friend's neck and bursting through the door to his beloved.

The scent of iron coated the air. She was surrounded by the doctor and midwives bustling around. Her screams finally stop and met by the sound of a baby crying. He could smell the sweet divine newborn scent of his child. Finally, he could breathe again and felt his body relaxed. As if a weight was lifted off his chest.

The doctor quickly clipped the umbilical cord and proudly announced," Congratulations my King and Queen it's a boy." Everyone cheers as the doctor place the newborn in his arms. Octavius fell in love and knew that moment, he would die for that little baby boy. He loved him and would do anything in his power to protect him.

"If you're done hogging our son may I see him," his beloved teased breathlessly. Octavius chuckled at her," Maybe. If you be nice to me."

"Nice?" she scoffs playfully. " You didn't spend hours in labour. Unless you want to find yourself in some serious pain, I suggest you hand me, my pup king."

Everyone snickers at the couple and stared at them in awe. Octavius grins at his beloved and aroused by her threat, "Threatening the King is a serious offence."

"Then lucky I'm the queen and the one with the power." he shakes his head amused at her, whilst placing the baby in the slender arms of his beautiful beloved. She was his everything and, in a sense, he knew she held all the power and his heart.

She wore a white long sleeve shift. Stain with blood at the bottom that pasted to her like a second skin. Drenched in sweat from head to toe, with a few strands of her blonde curls clinging to her exerted scarlet heart shape face. He watches in adoration the way her azure blue eyes lit up, as he places the newborn in her arms.

She gasps in awe with tears of joy in her eyes, "He's perfect." she cooed, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

He kisses her forehead," You both are," and marvelled at his perfect family.