Chapter Five

A breath taking cold steadily crept into the underground room. The condensation that had collected on the rough rock walls was slowly dripping onto the dust covered concrete floors, staining it with dark circles. It was completely empty save two stone pillars that served as foundation for the rooms above. That, and a young boy leaning against one of the pillars, his head drooped onto his chest and legs spread wide.

Harry had been in what he assumed was once a basement for nearly five days. He, thankfully, had been given food regularly through a cat-flap in the door. It was a welcome sight, even if it was usually an unidentifiable bowl of mush with odd lumps strewn throughout. Slowly, he had regained most of the strength he had lost after the previous four days of starvation. However, it was little consolation given the fact that he had spent roughly two weeks in captivity with hopes of escape quickly diminishing.

Over the last couple of days Harry could feel his disdain rising. After spending all year ignoring the fact that Harry even existed, Dumbledore had yet to send him any form of help. Perhaps the Headmaster hadn't formed a plan to rescue the boy, but Harry felt as if he was simply being used. Dumbledore was always quick on his feet, coming up with solutions in a matter of a second; this situation should be no different. The thought of it made Harry's stomach sink, knowing that the longer he stayed here the less likely it was that help was on the way.

Then there was the growing guilt that had swept over him again a few nights before, accompanied by the overwhelming grief that shook him to the core. If he had stayed put that night, listened to Hermione, instead of rushing off to the Ministry, none of this would have happened. He would be back at the castle with his friends, celebrating the end of their O.W.Ls, reminiscing at how awful this term had been, and perhaps best of all, preparing to return to twelve Grimmuald Place where his Godfather would be waiting. Instead he was trapped here, and Sirius was… He couldn't come to terms with it yet, like his brain was unwilling to accept the information as truth.

The sound of an old door being unlocked awoke him from his reoccurring nightmare, eyes misty from the usual tears. Harry, still groggy from sleep, scrambled to his feet, wiping his eyes quickly with his sleeve before returning his glasses. It was the first time anyone had entered the dungeon since Voldemort had left him there, fighting to remain concious five nights ago. Clinching his fists, heart racing with anticipation, he prepared to rush the door as soon as it was opened.

The wooden door sprang wide allowing Voldemort and a smug looking Lucius Malfoy to enter the dark room. Running at a dead sprint, Harry was inches from colliding with the smirking pair when chains sprang, snake like, around his wrists, dragging his arm painful up towards the ceiling until only the tips of his toes could brush the floor. "Now Harry," Voldemort said, a touch of laughter in his voice, as Lucius shut the door with a snap. "You didn't really think that would work did you?"

"Worth a shot," Harry snapped, his irritation rising at being mocked like a child.

Voldemort remained by the door, hands clasped behind his back as he gave Harry a piercing stare. "Today we're going to focus on the Order, Potter. Lu…."

"I don't know anything about the Order that you don't already know, " said Harry, quick to cut him off.

Setting his jaw, Voldemort dropped the smile and shook his head incredulously, obviously annoyed at being interrupted. "I don't believe that for a second, boy. You spent half of the summer in the very middle of it, so don't lie to me. Besides," the smile returned here as he motioned to Malfoy senior who was standing quietly behind him. "Lucius here will be the one to interrogate you." With this, Voldemort produced a red arm chair from thin air and sat down comfortably.

Lucius, bowing to the Dark Lord, stalked forward until he was merely an arms length from Harry. This close, Harry could see the hunger in those pale, grey eyes as they searched him up and down, looking for the best place to begin. Harry could feel his heart pounding against his adams apple, as he fought back the fear that was building inside him. He knew how keen Lucius must be to have him so vulnerable, after all Harry had caused numerous problems in his once perfect life. He had thwarted his plans in his second year, set his house elf free, destroyed the prophecy he was left in charge of retrieving, and lost him his standings inside the ministry. If ever there was a person who wanted to cause Harry more pain than Voldemort, it was Lucius Malfoy.