2. I'm a woman of many talents.

Hey there! How are you all doing?

Thank you for all the support for this book! Even though it's just the second chapter, I'm very much grateful.

Up there in the media section would be my update schedule for this book. It'll be until July 11, having 20 chapters that get published during Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday early mornings here in the Philippines. I take the weekends off from Wattpad to make sure my brain doesn't run out of writer juice, and I highly recommend it to other writers too!

Anyway, Courtney's POV in this chapter, and see ya!

-/-/-

Keep it cool, Courtney. You got this. You've been acting for the past six years, so you can act through a year. You just have to pretend there's nothing troubling going on, and Shayne totally understands that.

But the fear sets in every time Shayne talks about getting a divorce. I'm 24 years old! No one gets a divorce at 24, or at least I don't know many 24-year-olds who do. I can't even tell my siblings or my parents that, hey, I accidentally got married to my co-worker and now we have to get a divorce.

When Shayne and I arrive at the dining area of the hotel, everyone else was there too. We get seated as we all eat breakfast together, people laughing at me and Shayne getting wasted last night, and the two of us also laughing like nothing went completely wrong and against Smosh's ground rules. Yeah, everything is very much fine, y'all. Just a headache in a hangover.

I gaze at my ring as it rests on my lap with my hand. It's a pretty gorgeous ring, it has small gems crested on the outside, and the engraving inside was beautifully written. It was the type of ring Shayne would literally have gotten made for the love of his life. Now, here's the catch: I'm just not that person.

Ever since I met Shayne, I always thought of him as my best friend. He was always so kind and mean to me at the same time, and then somehow, when Defy suddenly had shut down, we sort of got together and cried it out. It was the first moment that I asked myself whether Shayne was, well, something else. After that, Mythical got us, and I could never look at Shayne the same way I did before. I liked Shayne, but it just would never work for us because no office relationships is, like, a golden rule in here. Instead, I tried to continue treating him as a best friend, even though as Ian mentions, we had some pretty dope chemistry.

People say that when you get drunk, what you say is completely truthful of your desires. I don't know if I did, but if I confessed to Shayne about my feelings for him which resulted to our accidental marriage, well... at least he doesn't remember it.

"Ooh, that's a nice ring you got there," Olivia says, holding my hand. "Where'd you get it?"

"Oh, uh...," I mumble, my eyes widening as she puts my hand on top of the table, admiring the ring even more. "It's a... random ring. Bought it last night at one of the stands when I was drunk, because I found it on my hand this morning. Hahahaha, you know, drunk things."

"I want one too," Sarah remarks as she looks at it too from across the table. "You gotta show us where you bought it."

Shayne nudges my knee like crazy, and I don't even gaze at him, but I knew damn well we were panicking. "Oh, it was somewhere outside, I'm not sure I remember it!" I exclaim, nervously laughing. "After all, I was pretty drunk. Maybe I sold my kidney for it. Maybe I didn't. We don't knooooow."

"Well maybe Shayne can lead the way," Damien says. "Nice ring, bro."

"Oh, this?" he asks, his voice close to shaking. "This is just an heirloom. My mom told me to wear it because, uh, it was my great grandpa's ring. I mean, it's no biggie."