19. How would you like the eggs to leave you?

Hello there, my amazing friends!

First off, it is extremely incredible to have 6k+ reads at the second to the last chapter! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! This is amazing, as always.

Thank you as well for waiting for this chapter! I went off schedule because I had so much stuff to do, and unfortunately, I'm doing it again for the last chapter. Here's our schedule:

Chapter 20 + Author's Note and Epilogue - July 13, 2020 (Monday midnight)
NEW SHOURTNEY BOOK (Author's Note and Prologue + Chapter 1) - July 13, 2020 (Monday midnight)

I want to make it as special as it can be, and this week really is extra busy for me. So sorry yet again for having to make you guys wait for a while! I hope you guys understand. *hearts*

Anyway, let's start, shall we? Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

I think I did a great job when I chose this ring for Courtney. The green gems always reminded me of her eyes, and the gold was not too close to her hair, but it sufficed. When she returned it to me, it just made me feel as if she was still with me, as if we'd still come home to the same place together.

I went home to my now lonely apartment. Since it was already four in the morning anyway, I decide to cook myself some breakfast, because I was the only one I could count on to do that. She had given me a recipe on how to make sure that the bacon stays amazing, and when I eat it in front of no one, it almost tastes as if she made it herself.

My bed is now spacey, which was great, but I didn't like spacey anymore. I now want to sleep in a bed where she was next to me, either on her phone or maybe reading some book I had recommended. I wanted to make sure a bit of her was still there, even a scent maybe, but we changed the bed covers yesterday just before she left.

Not a single trace of her in here. I sit down on the couch, rubbing my head to ease my headache which probably started when Ian, Rhett, and Link took us to Ian's office to talk about what had happened. Courtney was right that they were right, but it made me feel sad that she wasn't going to fight them a bit on it. But she decided against fighting them for me, and for us as individuals. So I kind of get it, but it stings. It's always the hard cold truth that stings. But I won't cry anymore. I think I've had enough tears out on the way back home.

When I place my feet up on the coffee table, I hit something. Sitting up straight, I find an empty picture frame with a pink sticky note on top of the glass: Don't forget to place a good picture on this one! -CM :)

Screw that, I start crying again. Ironic. I wasn't that much of a crier, because Courtney was the crybaby in the relationship (that never really began), but I guess it was time for me to completely cry about it, to take all the time to process it. But staring at her sticky note, I knew that I didn't have the time to think about it, because I already knew what to do.

From: Shayne Bottom
Hey, do you, by any chance, have a pack of Red Bull in your apartment?

From: Da Man Haas
Smells like trouble. Unfortunately no. But there's a CVS nearby your place. Maybe you can get some there.

From: Da Man Haas
Err, mind telling me what's the Red Bull for?

From: Shayne Bottom
I'll be in Vegas today. Haven't had much sleep, so...

From: Da Man Haas
It's January 1st, dude. Really? I mean, as an avid fan of Red Bull myself, I don't mind. But what are you gonna do in Vegas? On January 1st? At four in the morning?

From: Shayne Bottom
Wait and see.

So after taking a shower, changing my clothes, and running to the nearest pharmacy to get a pack of Red Bull, I eat just a bit more of breakfast and take the picture frame with me to my car.