12. You ever think about the remix to Ignition?

Hey! Hey, you. Welcome.

I have some stuff to do for school, so I think I'll be publishing earlier than usual this week to compensate for the time I need for said stuff to do. Filipino friends, where do you study? Hopefully, we'll cross paths some time soon!

Aside from that, thank you for 3.2k+ reads! You guys are awesome people.

Anyway, let's begin, shall we? Courtney's POV, and see ya!

-/-/-

Hoo.

HOO.

Hoo hoo hoo hoo, hoo.

Reading Tommy's text message was enough to get me jumping out of bed at four in the morning as Shayne slept soundly. As I take the quickest shower, my hands shake in anticipation of where Tommy and I were going today. Apparently, another record deal called Tight Light Records wanted to meet with us today, and they were the ones who were coming in the office. I was so terrified all of a sudden; I didn't have anything prepared to say at all, unlike when we went to High-Pitched that Tommy and I almost made an entire cheat sheet for all the questions they could have for us.

I was already claiming it: today's going to be the day I get that break in music.

As I cook breakfast for me and Shayne, I wonder about how great it would be to actually become a legit music celebrity. I was so excited that I decided to cook more than usual and of course more deliciously. I was already done with cooking when Shayne stumbles out of the shower. "My eyes are getting blurry by the day," he tells me.

"Good morning!" I greet him as I place the breakfast plates on the table. "You shouldn't use your phone right before you go to sleep."

"Yeah, I'll try, but I'm gonna go see an optometrist today," he says, putting a shirt on. "Just to make sure nothing's wrong with these eyes, then going to Smosh. Then I'm going to the set afterwards. What's your agenda today?"

"Tight Light's coming to the office to talk with me and Tommy," I answer, making coffee.

"For real?" he asks, peeking his head out of the bedroom. "That's amazing then. Hope Tight Light's nothing like High-Pitched."

"They're coming to the office instead of us coming to them, so that makes a difference."

"Sweet," he remarks as he takes a seat and looks over at the breakfast plates. "Lots of food today, eh? You feel excited?"

"So excited," I tell him, pouring some coffee into the cup. "Tommy told me they'd be coming in early, so..."

My phone rings from across the room and I immediately pick it up. "Hey, Tommy, what's up?"

"I'm hoping you're prepared because I swear I'm already racing through LA. They're an hour away from the office. We haven't done anything yet, so you have to run right now."

"Oh my God, okay, okay, I'm on my way," I say as Tommy hangs up, getting off my seat and getting my things from the bedroom. "Tight Light's near Smosh now, I'll see you later at work!"

"You're not gonna eat breakfast?" he asks as I pour my coffee into my tumbler and check my makeup one last time.

"All yours, bud, happy birthday," I tell him, squeezing his arm and running out of the apartment.

"It's November!" he shouts as he closes the door. "And take care!"

As soon as I get to the Smosh office, Tommy tosses me our old cheat sheet from last time, and I scan through it as he prepares the meeting room. Ian comes in at exactly seven in the morning, two hours earlier than everyone, so he watches us panic. "What's going on?" he asks.