Chapter 3

------------------> "HELLO, MAY I SIT HERE?" 

Cordelia and Sirius looked to the door to find a boy about their age standing. 

She shared a glance with Sirius -who sat opposite to her- before shrugging. "Sure." 

The hazel-eyed boy flashed a grin in her direction. He looked confident, but his movements were slow which showed that he was nervous and there was a slight relaxation in his stance that hadn't been there earlier which meant that he was relieved that he had found a compartment with those of his age.

"Thanks." He said and sat down beside Sirius. "I'm James, by the way. James Potter."

Cordelia and Sirius shared another glance. 

The Potter's were a light-neutral family, even though the current Lady Potter had been a Black before marriage. Both children wanted to make new friends.

Cordelia smiled and decided to repeat her words from her initial meeting with Sirius. "It's a pleasure to meet you James. I am Cordelia of the Most Pompous and Condescending House of Rosier." 

James snorted, a grin splitting his face.

Sirius took that as his cue to introduce himself as well. "And I," He said, sticking his nose in the air in an imitation of how he had seen his mother behave. "am Sirius of the Most Pretentious and Snooty House of Black." 

James laughed. Cordelia and Sirius joined him.

"I think we're going to be great friends." James declared with a smirk.

------> 0o0 <------

"So, which House do you want to go to?" Cordelia asked, popping a bean into her mouth soon after she did.

James put down his chocolate frog and made a show of hoisting an invisible sword in the air. "Gryffindor- the home of the brave and noble." He declared dramatically. 

"Hmm." Sirius hummed. "That actually sounds quite nice. I think I'll join you." 

"Really?" James said in surprise. "But hasn't your family forever been in Slytherin?" 

Sirius smirked. "I like the idea of breaking tradition." 

James mirrored his smirk.

Cordelia laughed. "Oh, how I would love to see Mrs Black's face if she heard you now. I'd bet fifty gallons we'd see every shade of red run through her face." 

Sirius grinned in reply as James laughed again. "I'd bet that I would receive a howler a day later where I would have the pleasure of hearing my mother's beautiful, siren-like voice hit such high-notes that opera singers would be jealous." He mused drily. "Besides, if worst comes to worse, then I'll just say that I was influenced by your reasoning of going to Hufflepuff, but decided to go one step further and sort myself into Gryffindor. Because the only thing that is even more unbelievable than a dark Hufflepuff is a dark Gryffindor."