Chapter 4

------------------> CORDELIA ROSIER WOKE UP to the feeling of somebody poking her nose and opened her blue-green eyes to meet the face of Olivia Blake

She screamed unladylike and fell off the bed as Olivia laughed at her reaction.

"You scared me!" She shouted.

Olivia shrugged, a smirk appearing on her face. "Want to do the same to Sophia?" 

Cordelia grinned. "Of course." 

Sophia, they learnt, had a different reaction compared to Cordelia. She had grabbed her pillow and had hit both of them on the face repeatedly with force while simultaneously screaming bloody murder for waking her up. The two assaulters-turned-victims had had a unanimous, non-verbal agreement to never wake up Sophia Abbot ever again. 

After deciding which order to go to the bathroom (with a running-race that Cordelia is proud to say she won) and getting dressed up, they walked out of the room to see two girls all ready sitting in one of the arm chairs and chatting away in the Space. 

Introductions were made and the trio learnt that the two girls were Cassidy Thompson- a muggle-born- and Elisabeth Gardener- half-blood- (Her parents would be shocked to see her talk kindly to them) and they were actually waiting for all the girls to get ready so they could walk to the Common Room together. Cordelia, Sophia and Olivia agreed to that and they too sat in the armchairs and started conversing. A short while later, the last two first-year Hufflepuff girls -Abigail Harper, a half-blood and Evelyn Marchbanks, a pureblood- greeted them and they all walked towards the tunnel leading to the Common Room.

It seemed the boys too, had the same idea of travelling to the Common Room in unity; and so when they met at the mutual intersection, more introductions were made. Cordelia greeted Troy with familiarity and Troy in turn, introduced the girls to his roommates, Emmett Macmillan pureblood, Ares Fawley and Tom Mathews. 

Cordelia had already known Emmett as he was her cousin through her father's side, so the two had embraced each other happily and Emmett had expressed how happy he was that she had joined him into Hufflepuff and that he had another familiar face (Sophia and himself were first cousins through his mother) at his house. Cordelia had already met Ares Fawley at multiple  charity galas and events, so the two of them smiled at each other. Tom Mathews however, she didn't know. He was a muggle-born apparently, but he seemed nice enough, so she didn't care about his blood. 

Admittedly, however, it was a little hard to ignore his blood status at first due to a voice shouting in the back of her head -that strangely sounded like Walburga Black- that told her to be rude to him; but like how Cordlia occasionally acted with the real Walburga Black, she simply ignored it. 

The other Hufflepuff boys in their year consisted of Grayson Roberts (muggleborn), Austin James (half-blood), Christopher Hemingway (half-blood) and Ernest Brighton (also half-blood).