five

⋅𖥔⋅━✶━⋅𖥔⋅

⋅𖥔⋅━✶━⋅𖥔⋅

One day while Bucky was teaching her how to control her powers, she had fainted from the heat. He caught her in time and noticed a slight increase in her temperate. She wasn't burning, as she was essentially made of ice, but he could tell. He had been around her long enough to know.

As advised by Bruce, Bucky scavenged the compound for ice and poured it into her bathtub full of cold water before letting her rest in it.

As creepy as it was, he watched her as she laid unconscious like a beautiful goddess bathing in the bathtub. He would touch her fingertips at times, and she was always freezing to the touch, even with his metal arm.

When she had awoken, she was intent on staying in the tub for the rest of the day. As much as she disliked how she was treated on her home planet, it was home. The cold was comforting for her.

"Did I faint?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"I see."

The silence was not uncomfortable for them. Bucky had spent most of his life in solitude. He hardly counted HYDRA as company. Meanwhile, Matilda was kept as a prisoner her whole life. She rarely talked to anyone because they were all frightened of her. The only people she saw were the chefs who brought her meals, the guards, and her father who only wanted to marry her off.

"Are you not uncomfortable?" she questioned, eyeing Bucky who was sitting on the tiles, leaning against the sink with his legs sprawled out.

Now that she mentioned it, his legs did feel a bit tense and rickety. He winced slightly as he moved his legs in an attempt to get comfortable. His metal arm whirred, and Matilda glanced at it for a moment before looking away and glancing back.

"Does it hurt?" she asked. "It makes this odd sound."

He glanced down at the metal arm. "I should get it checked out. No, it doesn't hurt."

She nodded. "Good."

Then, he realized, perhaps, that she was worried about the metal arm hurting him. It was an odd thought for him to think she would care for him when they had only known each other for three days. She was on day nine of her thirty days.