The number

The problem with liking your own story is that when you want to read more, you actually have to go and write it instead of just playing it in your head like a movie. So here I am, giving ya'll yet another chapter because I wanted to read it. 👌🏼

I would also like to add I wrote this on my phone so there might be some typos here and there, sorry.

On the last note, I highly recommend listening to the song above, or to all of these: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO0AvWK4gOpPy15CeFhwNkffH7hVmHNWe it's what I listened to while writing this chapter and it just gives you the right vibe. Plus, I just love my monsta x boys so much I can't pass the chance to share their voices. >>

***

I woke up to the loud sound of vacuuming coming from outside of my room. I forgot that every Saturday my mom would start cleaning early in the morning. She would always wake everyone up and give us chores to do to help. I glanced over at the wall to see that it was already almost noon. I was confused that she didn't wake me up, but then I realised that she didn't do that once ever since I came back. I sat up in my bed and pushed away the covers just to see that I had an accident whilst I was asleep. I started to remember some bits and pieces of the dream I had last night. It all felt so real to the point that I didn't even question it at first. But now Itachi's sweatpants were covered in the now clear substance, completely ruined. I sighed and cursed to myself before I got out of the bed. I grabbed some clean clothes and opened the door of my room, peeking outside. Mom just went into the guest bedroom with the vacuum. I quickly ran into the bathroom and locked the door behind me so I could take a shower. I grabbed a clean towel from the cupboard under the sink and took my clothes off. I threw them into the bin for dirty clothes in the corner of the room and got into the shower.

When I was done with my shower, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. After that I put my clean clothes on, left the bathroom and went back into my room. I grabbed my phone and thought for a long time if I wanted to do what I was thinking. After a while, I dialled Naruto's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Yeah?" I heard his sleepy voice. "Why are you calling me so early?"
"Early? It's noon. Why are you still asleep?"
"Because you're not here to wake me up anymore, so I can sleep in on the weekends as much as I want." He yawned. "So, is the world burning or why are you waking me up?"
"I was thinking,.. maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if you gave you know who my number."
"Why are you calling him that now? You didn't like it when I called him that yesterday."
"That's not the point, focus."
"Yeah, yeah. Why did you change your mind?"
"I'd rather not say." I didn't want to tell him about the dream I had of Itachi. It was too personal and frankly a bit embarrassing. Sure we both witnessed the other having wet dreams before, but we were a lot younger back then.
"Then I'd rather not give him your number." He said. "Besides, do you know how embarrassing it was when he was acting as if he just randomly found your phone and keys as if I didn't know about you two? Why was he trying to keep that up?"
"Probably because not everyone knows, Naruto. And fine, I'll tell you. I was thinking about what you said, that he's not looking so good."
"Do you feel responsible?" He asked.
"Yeah." That wasn't the full truth, but it was one of the reasons as well. The main reason was that I wanted to hear his voice. I wanted to talk to him once more. Not just in a dream where he would say everything I wanted to hear. "So, think you could do this for me?"
"I guess I could slip him your number. But it's the weekend. And we have the next week off school, so I won't see him any time soon."
"Oh, I forgot about that."
"But hey, you have his number, right?"
"No, not anymore."
"But I have your old phone. So just give me your password and I can tell you his number now."
"Alright, fine."
"Okay, hold on." He said. I heard him move around for a bit before he spoke again. "I have to charge your phone first. It's totally dead."
"Figures, it's been a long time."
"Why don't you text me the password and I'll text you the number later? I'm gonna go have some breakfast now."
"But don't go through my things." I said. "I'll text you now. Thanks." I hanged up and wrote him my old password right away. He just sent me a thumbs up sticker in reply.