Our First Rain

They were at dinner after the first day of promotional interviews for The Negotiation. It was such a great day, especially since he could spend the day with her openly.

Little did the people in their lives know, they had been talking for a few months now, ever since the reshoot for the movie. Even before that, they stayed in touch and met up through mutual friends. But it's different now. It's constant communication. It's constant flirting. There's no label yet. Bin wants to change that as soon as he can. But he knows with her that he has to be patient. He knows she has to be comfortable. She likes concrete-ness. She's grounded. He can jump in headfirst into an unknown situation without a second thought. That's why he needs her: she's his stability.

He tried his best to conceal his feelings for her during the interview today, but he thinks he seriously failed. He starts to disappear in his thoughts "I cannot stop staring at her. Everything she does and everything she says is fascinating to me. She looked so beautiful today. Dare I say, she looked so hot. That tight black dress. That slit. I had to tell her to cover her knees. It felt like quite a possessive act, but I want her to be mine. Just mine."

Still, in his thoughts, he recalls "there was so much flirting in our answers. Saying we did the project because of the other. Telling people to watch the movie because she's in it. Telling the audience he wants to act with her again in a romcom or melo; wanting to breathe the same air as her. I know I have to hide how much I like her because she really treasures her privacy, but my face gives it away. My manager keeps harassing me about it. I should do better, but I don't want to."

He snaps back from his thoughts as she calls out his name asking him if he had heard what she said. He jokingly says "I'm sorry, I was spacing out," just because he likes to tease her knowing that's her favorite pastime. "Ya! Stop teasing me. I think you mean staring blankly ahead," she says as she hits his arm. We both laugh. Her eyes crinkle into a smile. He takes a mental picture.

----

As everyone heads out to leave, our managers look at us and then each other with a sly smile. "Can you deliver another soju to that table, please? Thank you." They didn't need to be told what was going on. It was so obvious. As they get ready to head out, they come up to the two people left.

"We are going to head out, we suggest you move to the private booth in the corner. We are also taking your respective cars and leaving the drivers behind to drop you back home in our cars. Be careful."

With those words, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin looked at them with wide startled eyes as if they were children caught red-handed after breaking something. A blush appears on Son Ye Jin's cheeks as she says "Oppa what are you saying?!" Her manager responds "Please, it's obvious. We are happy for you and hope for the best. You deserve to have a 'close friend.' "

With those words, the managers walk out of the restaurant leaving them behind as they move to a more secluded spot with bewildered faces.

They both sit in awkward silence for a few minutes. Both of them reach for the unopened soju bottle at the same time, which leads to their hands colliding. Ye Jin pulls away instantly, much to Bin's disappointment. He opens the bottle and pours her a glass, and then he pours himself a glass. The silence continues. Hyun Bin quickly downs the alcohol in his shot glass and reaches for her hand, which was still resting on the table. She lets out a gasp but doesn't take her hand back. To be honest, she left it on the table hoping he'd get the clue and reach for it. She's not great at being affectionate or outwardly emotional the way he is. Maybe that's why she appreciates his company: he gives her the space to be who she truly is. She feels as though she can let her guard down without it having any consequences. She's said time and time again that her emotions make her feel congested. Acting is the only way she lets them out, but with him - she's never afraid of her emotions.

"Thank you," he says.

"For what?" Son Ye Jin replies. And what he says next makes her want to stop time.

"For letting me into your life. I know it has not been easy for you. I know I am doing a really bad job of hiding how much I like you. Thank you for not running away. Thank you for letting me in. Thank you for giving me a chance. I know you've worked so hard for 20 years, and whatever this is, is a huge risk you're taking. Thank you for thinking I'm worthy. I hope I always continue to make you feel like I am worthy of your time and trust."

He doesn't know if it was the soju or just his need to get closer, but he meant every word of what he said. He swears he saw her eyes tear up. She hasn't said anything, which is starting to make him panic. He starts to let go of her hand, but she pulls it back. She holds on to his hand with both of hers. "Thank you for being worthy of my time. Thank you for respecting my wishes. Thank you for your patience. Please keep being patient with me."

He smiles his dimpled smile as he sees her eye light up. That smile will melt her, hopefully forever. The silence isn't awkward anymore. Rather, it's comfortable, as they both stare into each other's eyes, taking in the moment where they've indirectly confessed their feelings.

He rubs circles on the back of her hand like it's the most natural act for him. The stay there in silence, as he pours another glass of soju for both of them using his free hand.

"So, can I call you my boyfriend now?" She asks is the most innocently seductive way.

Hyun Bin almost spat out soju in his mouth. Instead, he started coughing because swallowing all the soju made his throat burn. Bewildered, he instantly screamed "YES."

Son Ye Jin was laughing really hard at his reaction. Hyun Bin kept saying "Yes" to make sure he heard her through his coughing fit.

------

It was 2 am. They finally decided it was time to go home. He wished he could just go back to her place and continue their conversations. Just conversations. Their managers had made sure that they would leave from the back of the restaurant, where they'll find their drivers waiting.

As they stepped out the back, they were met with rain. Heavy rain. It didn't seem to bother them as they left holding hands staring at each other. As they waited for their drivers to come around with their cars, she leaned on his shoulder feeling the effects of all the soju they'd drank.

Hyun Bin hadn't felt happier. He looked down at her, and she turned her face to look up to him. He knew it was this moment he wanted to remember forever. As he lifted her chin while bending down, their lips met for the first time.

She wasn't expecting a kiss, but she wanted one so bad. So as she felt his hand raise her chin up, the anticipation gave her butterflies. The kiss was everything more than she expected. Perfect and soft and gentle. "Ever the gentleman," she thought.

As the kiss broke apart, she turned around and put her arms around his neck. Tiptoeing, she kissed him again, making their lips fit like a puzzle piece. He put his arms around her waist and walked them behind a pillar just to be safe. She continued kissing him, not wanting to let go of his soft lips. He wasn't ready to let go either, as his hands ran through her hair.

Eventually, their phones both rang at the same time, as they received a call from their respective drivers. Disappointed, they broke apart and started walking to their cars, while still staring at each other.

While trying to fix her disheveled look, she could stop blushing. On her way home, her phone buzzed from a message from Hyun Bin, which she knew was sent to her with that darn dimpled smirk.

"Thank you for letting Min Tae Gu get his drink with Ha Chae Yoon.
How am I supposed to control my eyes at the promotional events tomorrow? ;)"

================================

Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter!

I work full time, and weekends are the only times I'm free. Thanks for waiting!

Thank you for all the feedback and favorites!