Chapter 1: The Arcade

Hey readers, author here. Thanks for clicking out my book. I really appreciate it. If you like the story please dont forget to leave comments and vote!

I lifted the box effortlessly and carried it into the new living room. It was the 17th box I carried in this morning. I finished unpacking my new room and sat down on the couch. I took out my metal chain necklace from my pocket and I fingered the silver pendant hanging from it before putting it on. Plugging in my new earbuds into my phone, I closed my eyes as I listened to my music playlist. My thoughts were interrupted by a heavy breathing and I looked up.

"How are these boxes so heavy?" Camile huffed, setting the box down to catch her breath, "You make it look so easy."

I laughed. It was easy. For me at least. She tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear as she panted.

"Need any help?" I asked, standing up.

"No, I can do this," she said, still panting as she picked up the box again, "I just have to bring this box up to my room and I have another 3-" she dropped her box and she cursed.

I picked up her box from the floor with one hand, smirking, "You're weak sis."

"No one likes show offs, Bree," she seemed to warn, glaring at me with her bright green eyes.

For the next 10 minutes, I helped her carry her boxes into her room. I wouldn't say I helped because I practically did all the work. All the girl did was carry one box halfway up the stairs before giving it to me. I carried the other 3 boxes myself from the porch all the way up the stairs to her room. Her lazy ass just sat on the couch as she browsed through her Instagram or Wattpad or whatever she does on her phone. When I was done I took a seat beside her and listened to my music again. Not long after, a tall woman walked into the room carrying one of the boxes. Just like my sister, the woman had bright green eyes and her long blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun.

"Hi girls," she said, putting down the box she was carrying, "We have finally moved all the boxes into the house."

"So can we take a break now?" Camile asked, looking up.

"Well I suppose you ca-" my mother tried to say but Camile interrupted her.

"Great! I'm going to the mall," Camile hopped off the couch and headed for the door, "I need to get a new wardrobe for school. My current clothes are so last season."

"Camile you know very well you aren't allowed out of the house alone." my mom reminded her and Camile turned around as she sighed.

"Oh yeah I remember why," Camile said, "If they found-"

"I thought we agreed not to speak of that," I interrupted, memories of my past flooding back into my mind. The reason why we moved in the first place. I shuddered at the thought.

"Well I could allow you to go out..." my mom said, touching the back of her neck, "If you brought Breanne with you."

"What? Why?" I shot up. The last time I went shopping with Camile, she took 40 minutes at a store and only bought one dress. All that time wasted. For that one little dress that I saw her wearing, once. I wanted to say that if we went together we'd just be more easily spotted and there were two of us. But if I did, she would throw in the whole 'safety in numbers' speech and. I would have to listen to another lecture for the next 15 minutes.

"It'll be a good time to get new clothes for school tomorrow," my mom tried to convince me.

"What's wrong with my current clothes?" I asked, slightly offended.