Part 8: Rani's Reckoning

The Lion Guard Future by Arandomperson235

Rani's Reckoning

Previously, Rani found a treasure on top of the Sky Caverns. It was a gem attached to two long pieces of seaweed. She rushed down the mountain with the gem in her mouth which made Kion a little bit worried and suspicious. At the bottom, Rani ran to the cave where she and Kion would sleep during their time of rest. She looked around deciding what to do.

She thought to herself that no one should know about what she found, but she got interrupted by Kion who checked on her

"R-Rani?" Kion stepped into the cave a little bit worried. "Are you alright?"

In the process of hearing Kion's voice, Rani quickly hid the gem behind the rock she was sitting on. "Y-yeah! Why are you asking?"

"You kinda ran down that mountain in a hurry. It looked like you needed to throw up or something."

"Oh what? No, I'm fine."

"Are you really sure? I could get Nirmala if you're not feeling well."

"N-no, I wouldn't want to disturb her."

"I mean, it's almost nighttime. Climbing up to the Sky Caverns to find Ono took us all day."

"It's fine, I'm fine Kion. Besides, Nirmala's getting a little older. She's going to need more sleep to get more energy during tonight's patrol."

"Uh, um, okay? I'm a little shocked you called Nirmala old." Silence struck for a few moments. "So, what was that running about?"

"Oh, why was I running? I, um-" Rani thought for a few seconds. "I-I had to take a leak?" Rani answered in a questionable voice.

Kion was still suspicious for a few seconds but decided not to make this into such a big deal. There were bigger things to worry about at the moment. "Fine, I'll take your word for it. Come on, let's go for a hunt." Kion walked outside and went where the Day Guard is.

Rani took a huge sigh of relief after Kion left. She turned to the gem she found to make sure it was well hidden. She got up and followed Kion to the Day Guard. 

Kion nears the Day Guard who is with Soma, Isha, and Kala. "Bunga, I really don't think that's a good idea." Bunga was on top of Beshte and was about to jump off his head and dive into the lake since Beshte was currently big. 

"Nah Kala, you worry too much. In fact, I think that you're worried that you're gonna mess up on your 'first time' with the lioness next to you."

Isha and Kala were both frozen in time. Soma chuckled, which turned into a laugh, which turned into the point where she couldn't breathe due to laughing so hard. 

"What did we miss?" Kion says as he and Rani approach from behind.

"Bunga just admitted the 'thing' with Isha and Kala which made this happen," Ono says pointing his wing at laughing Soma.