ii - decision

A notice resonated from the huge speakers above the podium - 'The council will commence in 2 minutes.'

As always, I was ready.

____________

The room quietens naturally as the crowd sense the beginning of the council. The jury assemble their notes and the less experienced lean forward in anticipation. As always, the first to speak is Ruana. 

I look over to him. He stands slowly from his seat, crippled with age and fatigue. Old fool.

Senator Ruana reaches the podium and begins fiddling with the microphone. I don't understand why the New Order keep him in charge. If bloodline matters so much, theoretically I shouldn't even be here.

The Senator begins the introduction to the speech. 'We are gathered here today', he ventures. 'To discuss potential trade affairs with the people of the planet Dathemia, namely the capital, Naqor. Dathemia is an up-and-coming planet, a new but very successful culture. They have reached out to us to schedule a connection to discuss procedures involved with the trade. We want to trade resources with them, as the metal they have and the fuel that they source would be very valuable to us. The weapons we could construct with this metal, of course, would be used in a defensive situation due to the fall of the Resistance three years ago. As we have no offensive priorities at the moment, we have an abundance of resources and credits, which is why we would be able to afford to offer the Dathemians something in return.'

The Senator then continues with his plan. 'In my view, we should accept the offer of metal from the Dathemians, and offer them our men in return. You can never have too much metal and too many weapons, as if we are attacked they would prove useful in rebuilding parts of the Death Stars if necessary, and exterminating the threat. The metal would allow us to add to our resources on Nareobis as well. This is my plan.'

Ruana makes his way back to his chair and sits down heavily, an expression of peace, almost ecstasy on his face. Does he really think that will be enough for him to win the vote?

Next comes Thessa, the kindest member of the council. Of course, her suggestion is to build bridges with the Dathemians, and to establish a proper trade union and alliance with them. 'It is at no expense to us', she says. 'If we help this up-and-coming empire, we will be respected by them and their neighbours and once they are more powerful we can utilise their resources in the same way.'

The cruelest, most stubborn member of the council, Telo Halcryon, comes before me. 'In the way I see it, any loss of resource to a weak planet is a waste of time. The Dathemians have no army that we know of; they are weaponsmiths. This ambition will cost us. Where do you think these people will be in 20 years? Pioneers of the galaxy? Supreme Leaders of all of space?' he scoffs. 'They'll still be making weapons, in their humble little chocolate box village, away from the rest of civilisation. They will never pay us back. Instead, I vote that we should send them droids of our own creation, containing powerful bombs, to 'help with the craft'. Once they arrive, they will be able to be detonated using a remote which will be here, in the Death Stars. When the planet has been destroyed, we can send a fleet in to salvage what we can, and we may even be able to collect more of the metal from the ore in the rock. This is the only way we can ensure that we benefit and make a profit out of this deal. They cannot be trusted.'

Telo stares daggers at the room, daring anyone to contradict him, then stalks back to his chair at the edge of the podium. His plan has potential, but there's one tiny flaw - how can he prove that the Dathemians will not pay us back? And even more significantly, what if the Dathemians are more powerful than they say they are? We cannot afford to be defeated again.

It's my turn now. I walk confidently up to the podium, my cape flowing behind me, and address the crowd.

'All of you will already know this, but I am Kylo Ren. This is my idea.' 

I tell them about my plan to go forward with the trade with Dathemia, and how we should trade our resources, that we have in abundance, for their metal. However, what the other candidates do not know is that it is rumoured that the princess of Dathemia is force sensitive. 'If we strike a deal with the people of Dathemia,' I explain. 'The princess could be very useful to us. There aren't many force sensitive beings out there any more. If the people of Dathemia do not stay true to their promise, we can decide what to do with the girl accordingly. This is the plan which is most beneficial to the Order without being needlessly violent.'

I hazard a glance at Telo. He snarls, his disgust clearly displayed on his face. I walk back to my seat to the sound of applause from the crowd. The debate is over. Only the voting remains.

Senator Ruana makes his way slowly back up to the platform. His beady, shrewd eyes survey the crowd. The results come in onto the holocron at the podium and he looks down at them.

'There are... 24 jury members in favour of my plan. 72 in favour of Thessa's. 23 in favour of Telo. And... the remaining 81... are in favour of the plan of Kylo Ren.' He returns to his seat once more, ever so slightly disgruntled. 

I won the majority vote, yet again. I'm confident this plan will succeed, and secure the best possible outcome for the Empire. No one can see it, but I'm smiling underneath the helmet.

____________

hi all! hope you enjoyed the second chapter of this fanfic. i've finally decided where i am going with the story and i think it's really exciting so i'm super happy about that, but just bear with me for the next couple of chapters - i promise Kylo and Alena will be introduced soon... ;)

THE MONSTER INSIDE - KYLO RENрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ