10 - First Date

⚠️ Content Warning: This chapter has some mature content that some people may not be comfortable reading. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.

First, combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together using a whisk.

The woman in the video playing on Yejin's tablet said, showing to the camera the box of flour, baking powder, and sugar. Yejin did as she said, and she grabbed her whisk to mix all the ingredients in her bowl.

Next, in a separate bowl, add two eggs and beat them with your whisk.

Yejin grabbed another bowl and cracked the eggs into it, whisking them as instructed.

She heard her door unlock, and when it opened, she saw his boyfriend entering her apartment on his way to her. She smiled from ear to ear when they greeted each other with a peck on the lips.

It's been a week since Yejin and Bin became officially a couple again, so the past week has been a bliss for the both of them. They are enjoying the honeymoon part of their relationship, as if the newly-reunited couple hadn't experienced that already fifteen years ago.

Yejin already told him the passcode of her apartment to lessen her arrhythmia-like symptoms she's been having whenever she hears her doorbell in the morning. However, it won't really be much of help because simply seeing him makes her heart beat so fast.

It wasn't arrhythmias, it wasn't palpitations, it's just simply the body's reaction to seeing someone you love so much. Ironically for her, the heart doctor is the one making her heart race at an abnormally fast speed.

"What is my girlfriend cooking?" Bin said, emphasizing the world girlfriend.

"Girlfriend?" Yejin said, the word that escaped his lips making her shy.

"You are my girlfriend, aren't you?" He said, leaning his back on the counter behind him to level down to her height.

"I am." she smiled, "The term is just making me shy. I mean, I am 38 years old and now I'm smiling like I'm 18."

"You're 38?" Bin pretended to be shocked, "Your pretty face tells me you're 22."

Yejin just laughed and began beating the egg in her bowl once again, "I'm cooking pancakes for you and Ae-Rin."

Bin looked at his girlfriend. During the eight years that they were together, Yejin tried to cook on multiple occasions. She even bought tons of cookbooks. Bin mastered the 'Ohhhh, it's so good, but try lessening the salt, Love. But it's really good!' face whenever he tries one of her dishes. But when Yejin tastes her creations herself, she would get disheartened and just give up cooking altogether. It really wasn't for her, she said, and no cheering up from Bin would change her mind.

Not until recently, when she cooked Samgyetang for Bin did he realize she still doesn't know how to cook after 7 years have passed.

"You can just buy a pancake mix in the grocery, love."

"I know," She said, adding milk and melted butter on the bowl, "but I wanted to make something for you and Ae-Rin out of scratch."

Seeing her, making efforts for him and their child, made him love her even more. He asked himself, 'Is it possible to love someone this much?'

Bin grabbed her face to pull her closer towards him and gave her a long sweet kiss. Before the kiss could escalate to something else, they pulled away catching their breaths.

"Ahjussi?" Bin's back was faced against the door to Yejin and Ae-Rin's room, so when she opened the door, it was Bin who she first saw. Yejin's eyes widened upon the sight of her daughter, who thankfully by the looks on her face, is still unsuspecting.