Special Chapter - Don't Leave

⚠️ Content Warning: This chapter has some mature content that some people may not be comfortable reading. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.

-

"Are you sure you have everything you need?"

Yejin asked as she collected the clothes hangers that littered their bed. The couple had just finished folding Bin's dress shirts that he'll need.

"Yes....." Bin started off hesitantly, before voicing out the list she has made on the top of his head, "Clothes, ties, socks, underwear, my laptop, chargers, toiletri.... oh right I still haven't packed a toothbrush!"

He hurriedly ran inside their bathroom. She followed, knowing well that her husband won't find what he's looking for. True enough, before she even reached the bathroom came a voice, "Love, where do we put our stocks of new toothbrushes?"

She laughed. Bin, the smartest man she has ever met (but only second to her though, as she claimed) looked dumbfounded with both his hands on his waist, looking for the possible location of their toiletries.

"Here, Mr." She said, opening up a cabinet that he could've sworn he already opened but didn't find anything.

Women are really miracle workers, aren't they? He thought to himself as he planted a kiss on her wife's forehead. "Thank you, Mrs."

Before she could reply, she found herself feet up in the air as her husband carried her back to their room. She hit his chest lightly while his face was plastered with the sliest smile.

"Oh, no, no, no, no." Yejin said, struggling her way off, but her slender physique was no match to her husband's biceps alone, "Love, you only have a few hours left before you leave. You need to finish packing."

"Do I really?" He said. Yejin almost choked when she saw him winking at her. He had told her about his escape plan out of that-conference-that-looks-so-boring-that-even-the-chief-didn't-want-to-attend-to-so-he-sent-me-as-a-representative.

His words, not hers.

Yejin let out a giggle. "Your plan won't work, I'm telling you."

"Why?" He genuinely asked. "I'm sure if I showed up after the boarding gates closed and act as if it's a shame I didn't make it on time, the Chief would understand."

"Chairman Yoon would've send his own personal plane to haul your ass to Seattle, I'm sure." Yejin replied in a matter-of-factly tone. "You know how that man has been itching for international expansion. Making a name for Seoul Med overseas is necessary."

Of course he is aware of that. Doctor Hyun does, but Appa Bin is going beyond reason to get out of this.

"I know. I know." Bin replied, "I just didn't want to miss Yoo-Jin's 6th-month celebration."

"Don't worry. We'll postpone our celebration until you get back."

The Hyun family celebrates every 12th and 25th of the month for their children. It wasn't that grand all the time, just a cake and a home-cooked Miyeok-Gu. To be perfectly honest, Yejin also enjoyed her newfound love for cooking that she had learned during her bed rest and maternity leave when she badly needed a new hobby.

Bin nodded, and she walked towards their room still carrying his wife, "Love, I told you, pack!"

"Oh, I'll pack alright." He said in perfect English, to which his wife was left mouth agape with, completely ignoring the dirty (mostly corny) joke that her husband just made.

"Wow, you speak perfect English, Doctor Hyun." Yejin replied back in English, showcasing her perfect diction and pronunciation. She whispered in his ear, "That's hot."