Special Chapter: A Week with the Hyuns (I)

Author's Note:

This chapter is dedicated to clytetistic, the very artistic mind behind Remember My Name's new cover ❤️ It's so wonderful that I immediately came up with this special chapter. Thank you, Clyte. Thank you for the beautiful cover! You're an angel and the whole fandom loves you so much.

Anyway, second installment of this special chapter will be published next week. ❤️

xoxo,
yejinhandlands

-

SUNDAY
9:30 AM

"...But Noona...."

"Bin, I'm doing this for free as a gift to you both so no complaints!" Yejin's unnie adjusted the settings of her camera while waiting for the Hyun family to pose, "Go! Lie down on the grass!"

"Go, Appa!" Ae-Rin raised her little arms in the air, cheering on his Appa.

The weather was perfect for a little playdate slash photoshoot for the Hyun family. Wearing all white, the family of four had been posing for an hour now for the different shots for their family picture.

Yejin had recently discovered another hobby—decorating their house with photos of their perfect little family. At first he found it really adorable, but it somehow changed when he got up in the middle of the night to pee, only to scream his lungs out when he found his eyes staring back at him- Apparently, Yejin had placed a huge photo of him at the back of their bathroom's door.

Immediately taking the ridiculously huge photo off the wall, he tried to ask her sleep-laden wife, nudging her gently to wake her up. "Love, do you really have to put this one behind our bathroom's door?"

"Mmm..." She said with her eyes still closed.

"I almost wet myself in fear."

"I'll rearrange the frames tomorrow to make space", Yejin turned to him and continued with her bedroom voice, "I just put it there temporarily because there's no empty space on the wall anymore."

"Exactly....."

Her half asleep wife absentmindedly grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards their marital bed for them to sleep, rendering their conversation finished.

"I promise this is a wholesome shot, if that's what you're afraid of!" The mother of two whispered to her husband. For this certain shot, Bin is required by the photographer- in the guise of Yejin's Unnie- to lie down on the grass, while Yejin will lay on top of him face down, her face on his chest. Ae-Rin will also lay face down on her mother's back, and Yoo-jin will be placed on Ae-Rin's back.

Bin was still hesitating to lie down on the itchy bermuda grass in their backyard when Yejin whispered to him.

"Lie down now and we'll do number 5 on your list tonight."

His eyes widened, remembering their list and what he had written as number 5, and it didn't take another second for Bin to lie down on the grass and pose for the camera.

MONDAY
4:00 PM

If there's one thing Yejin absolutely loves about weekdays, specifically weekday afternoons of Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, it is when she would wait for Ae-rin's dismissal at school. Standing at the exact same location as she does for the past months, once the bell rang at 4:00 pm, it would not take too long before a cheerful little girl would come running into her.

"Eomma!"

She ran, clutching her little mermaid backpack, her pigtails bouncing as she made her way to her mother. Greeting Yejin with her most beautiful eye-smile, no one could ever deny that she's her mother's daughter.