16 - Everything in Between

⚠️ Content Warning: This chapter has some mature content that some people may not be comfortable reading. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.

Yejin strutted through the small boutique wearing her cream colored dress adorned with specially-made shining sequins formed into beautiful patterns that reminded her of spring. It flowed to the floor as it showed her beautiful naked shoulders. The dress perfectly complemented her ivory skin and perfectly hugged her body, highlighting her small baby bump.

The dress made her look like a goddess, as if she wasn't one already.

She looked at Bin expectantly, asking for his opinion.

"You're beautiful."

She sighed. "god, you're such a male, Dr. Hyun!"

"What?" He laughed as he changed position on the sofa he was sitting on for the past 40 minutes. "I'm serious, you're beautiful!"

"That's what you said for the past 7 dresses, Dr. Hyun. I want to strangle you."

She only calls him Dr. Hyun outside of the hospital whenever she's already pissed, and now he knows better than to push her pregnant buttons more. He looked at her from head to toe, admiring the perfection in front of him.

"I like this one the most, Love."

"Right? This is my favorite too." Yejin said. Eyes gleaming with excitement. "Okay, then. We're buying this."

Bin just smiled and nodded as Yejin happily went back to the fitting room. He stood up and followed her there, ready to reason out that he'll just help his pregnant woman get out of that bewitchingly beautiful dress.

-

"I'm not even going to be in camera, why do I have to dress up, Love?"

"Think of it as moral support, Love." Yejin said as she applied a blush on her cheeks, "Since you and Ae-Rin practically forced me to buy a new dress for this awards night. They couldn't even see the bottom half of my body!"

Several weeks ago, Chief Han confirmed her nomination in the Hauklands Award. Days after that and she received an official notification. Yejin and Bin couldn't be more excited, since they knew that this is really a big deal in their world. However, with Yejin's pregnancy, they couldn't just risk going to the US.

Hence the video conference scheduled at 8:00 in the morning in their very own living room.

She stood in their bedroom with her curled hair and light make-up, waiting for the sulking Bin to finish dressing up.

If she has to wear this beautiful itchy dress, he has to wear his tux too. For support.

Yejin had sat on their bed when she saw him, with widened eyes and mouth left agape.

Bin was clad in all black. Black pants. Black dress-shirt. Black tux. He didn't wear a tie, thankfully. Or it's gonna be the death of her.

'...and to think he didn't even want to dress up?', She thought.

"It's illegal to look that good, you know." He smirked, and proceeded to button his coat in front of her.

She lost it. That was her weakness.

"Come on, Love. It's already 7:00 PM on the other side of the world."

"I don't want to. Let's just stay here," Yejin shook her head. She motioned Bin to get closer to her and when he did, she wrapped her arms in his neck and pulled him in for a soft passionate kiss.