Part One Prologue

{sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes. WARNING: there is excessive swearing.}

6 months, 1 week, 3 days, 16 hours,
18 minutes, and 6 seconds.

I'll have met the love of my life by my fucking birthday.

"Louis, you're staring at your timer again," my mother points out, dragging me from my thoughts. I look up from my wrist to the teley and shrug. "Are you excited?"

"Why would I be? It's not like I'm going to meet my soul mate- Oh wait! I am!" I say sarcastically. She just rolls her eyes. After awhile, I can't help but ask the question that has been nagging me. "Mom, how did you feel when you were about to meet your soul mate?" I ask because I need to know how to feel.

"I was excited, but only because I wanted to grow up as quickly as possible," she pauses, and I swear to fucking god she reads my mind. "Honey, everyone feels differently. Some people are excited, and some are scared shitless. Of course it's all different intensities because everyone, except for two people, have different times. There's no right or wrong way to feel about it. How do you feel?"

I sigh be fore answering, "I don't know. Sometimes I'm super excited to meet a girl who's perfect for me, but at other times I'm close to a nervous breakdown. Sometimes I just get so anxious and I don't know what I feel."

"I had a friend who said she felt like that," my mom comforts. She's probably making shit up to make me feel like I'm not alone, but whatever.

"What the hell did she do?" I chuckle.

"I'll be right back," she breathes out before exiting the room. She comes back with medical tape and scissors. "Hold out your wrist," she says. When I follow her instructions she places the tape lightly over my timer. Then she cuts the tape from the roll and presses it down to keep it secure. "Out of sight, further from your mind."

"Thanks, Mom."

"Anything for you, Lou," she says kissing my forehead and walking out of the living room to put the medical tape back. When she comes back, I find another important question swimming around my mind.

"Mom, how do you know where to be?" I ask worriedly.

"Instincts," she says calmly as my eyes go wide. "When it gets close to time then you just have a strong gut feeling."

Oh Lordy Jesus, we all know I'm a fuck up. I'm probably not going to know its my instincts and end up thinking I need to take a shit. I'll never meet the girl of my dreams.

"Mom what if I don't deserve her?"

"Impossible. Lou, if anything she wouldn't deserve you."

"What if she's a drug dealer?!" I scream.

"Louis, honey, you need to calm down. Everything will be fine."

2 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours,
43 minutes, and 3 seconds.

"Mom, I need to try out for the X factor," I say, walking into the kitchen where my mother and sisters are eating their breakfast.

"When?" my mother asks.

"August eleventh," I say calmly.

"That's the day you meet your soul mate!" She exclaims.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Love, are you sure?" She asks worriedly.

"Yeah," I repeat then walk back to my room.

7 hours, 11 minutes, and 8 seconds.

I start getting really antsy. Not because I was about to go on teley and sing FOUR major celebrities. That sounds fucked up, but my future is about to be made. Fuck. How much do you want to bet I'll fuck it up?

{Thanks so much for reading this! If you liked it, please vote, so I know that it was decent.}