Prologue

It was raining and a baby was crying and being held by a couple in the street. They were soaked and cold and looked so bad from running away. Running away from their home because it's the only way to keep the baby safe and away from danger.

"Do you think she will be fine?" The woman asked worriedly.

He kissed her head. "I don't think so because I know." The man beside her said which gave her an assurance.

Minutes later, another couple arrived. The two women hugged each other. They're best of friends and it's been a long time since they've seen each other.

She held her face and asked, "What happened to you?"

"It was a long story and we already had no time." She answered and she, the other woman, looked at her as though she was a kid who lost a toy. She was sobbing while handing the baby. "Please, you're the only person that I know who can help me. I know I can trust you. Take care of her for me, okay?"

"I promise."

"Give her e-everything and protect her. Treat her a-as your own, give her the l-love that I want her to receive fr-from me." She was stuttering because of the cold. The other woman hugged her again and took the baby.

And that was decades ago, the last time that they saw their daughter.