XI. Hope

Chapter Eleven
Leia

Yavin 4 is a welcome sight after the lifeless battle station I was held captive on. It's beautiful; green trees spreading as far as the eye can see, with great stone structures planted randomly around the wildlife. These structures are very old, moss and vines cover a lot of the stone, and as we grow closer and closer to the ground, I see that the number of ships in our fleet seems to have double since I left.

"Identify yourself, you're in a restricted area." A male voice comes from the ship's communications.

I press on the button to answer before Han does, replying to the man on the other end; "I'm Leia Amidala, daughter of Aiden Parr and Padmé Amidala."

"Last we heard you were captured, how do we know you aren't being forced to come here with the enemy?"

"If there were stormtroopers in here I wouldn't have answered you. Give me clearance to land, time is of the essence."

The man sighs, replying; "Alright. You're clear to land."

I step away from the control to allow Han to land the ship. He does so on a small stretch of ground next to a group of X-Wings, where several rebel pilots turn their attention's towards the new ship, some faces familiar, while others are new. But the pilots and other rebel members aren't who I am focusing on, what I'm focusing on are the two people running out from the stone building behind all the ships, our rebel headquarters.

I feel a relief and joy filled laugh escape my lips, my legs already carrying me out of the ship and down the ramp. I see Mom and Dad running towards me at high speeds, smiles breaking over both of their faces once they set eyes on me. I run to them just as quickly, letting out another laugh as Dad catches me in his arms and lifts me off the ground, holding me in a bone crushing hug. I hug onto him just as tightly, hearing him murmur to me; "I'm so glad you're alright, sweetheart."

Once Dad sets me down I hug onto Mom, feeling her cup the back of my head and rub my back soothingly, reminding me that I'm safe, that I'm home.

"We missed you so much." Mom whispers to me.

When I pull back from her I reach out for both of their hands, feeling tears sting my eyes as I reply to them; "I missed you, too. It was my fault, I should have been more careful. And Jyn...she's dead because of me."

Dad shakes his head, squeezing my hand gently, bringing his other hand to caress my cheek. "You had to make some tough decisions, as all leaders must. I am so proud of you, Leia. You handled yourself extremely well."

I smile at him, feeling relieved to hear him say that. "Thanks, Dad. I wouldn't have succeeded if it weren't for my rescuers." I tell them, turning around to face my new friends.

Jayce and Luke are walking up to us now, with Han and Chewie trailing a bit behind. Luke smiles at both of my parents, looking eager and excited to be here. Jayce forces a smile, but it isn't convincing.

"Mom, Dad, this is Luke Skywalker and Jayce Kenobi. Behind them are Han Solo and Chewie. Boys, this is my father, Aiden Parr, and my mother, Padmé Amidala. They're the leaders of this rebellion."

When I turn my attention back to my parents, both of their faces are mixed with many emotions. In their eyes I see shock, I see some pain, and most of all I see confusion. Both of them look behind the boys, searching for something they cannot seem to find.

Dad steps forward, directing his attention to Jayce. "Your father?"

Jayce shakes his head, his lip slightly wobbling as he tells my parents; "He sacrificed himself to save us. Darth Vader killed him."