Chapter eight || A broken vase

• Verse of the day from the Holy Qur'an •

" إِنْ يَنْصُرْكُمُ اللَّهُ فَلَا غَالِبَ لَكُمْ ۖ وَإِنْ يَخْذُلْكُمْ فَمَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَنْصُرُكُمْ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ ۗ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ" (03:160)

"If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely."(Surah AL i'Imran 03:160)

Ehan's pov'

"

"What time is it?"

"It's time for lunch!"

"What time is it?"

"It's time for lunch!"

"What time is it?"

"It's time for lunch!"

"It's lunchtime!"

I groaned completely annoyed. I feel like poking my ears with a damn fork. Yes, that's what Raya does to me when she's around watching TV.

"Are you ever going to shut up!" I muttered washing the dishes. Oh yes, guess why I'm doing the chores when we've got maids???

Well I've asked the maid to stay away from the kitchen as per mom's instructions. How nice, ain't it? It's all mom's fault. I also had to lie to them saying I want to be a chef so I would love to take care of the meals from now onwards. And guess what? Everyone believed, I should actually be given an award for lying.

"I'm trying to watch bubble guppies, why can't I sing along too?" Raya frowned and turned at me slightly crossing her arms.

"I want to work peacefully." I sighed trying to think of a better reason to give her which would shut her up.

"I don't understand why out of everyone you choosed to replace the maid. I mean did we come all the way from the UK to do the chores?" She said raising an eyebrow, did you see that?? She's totally learning things from me. I shall be careful around her next time.

"That was cool, I should totally pat myself for teaching you how to raise a perfect eyebrow." I said chuckling.

"Tell me why, why out of everything you're washing the dishes." She asked again tilting her head at the side to look at me completely.

"Because I enjoy washing 'em." I shrugged.

"Momma said lying is sinful. So I don't understand why do you lie often!" She scowled at me and stood up turning the TV off.