Prologue

"You're just a baby,"

"I'm twelve not five Kal."

First born Kalypso Rowan has a hard time with her memories

First born Kalypso Rowan has a hard time with her memories. Not to say she can't remember that Frank Tendre stole her pencil in middle school and never gave it back or that when she first rode a bike she crashed into a bright yellow fire hydrant causing a bright blue and purple bruise to stay on her thigh because she remembers that vividly.

No it means that she can't exactly remember what her first house looked like or how it felt to hold her little sister Verena or what her little sister Freya looked like when she was little.

Which she just chalks up to a bad memory and not the fact that she feels as though she's lost something

"Kal! I'm not getting any younger!!"

Now in reference to losing things... if she could just find her damn keys. "I'm goin Freya!!" The eldest shouted dumping out her purse. There was Mascara, chapstick, a adult sized resuscitation mask and ah! The keys!! "Found em! To the beach!" She grinned bouncing down the stairs, her hair a wavy mess that remained an absolute mess that she never quite learned how to tame.

Second Born Freya Rowan is the family's trouble maker, quick witted and able to socialize without a problem. She doesn't say things like "By Tui and La's Gills!" when she's shocked and she doesn't run to the water like it's home or stare at the fire a moment too long. Nor does she have a hard time living it up at the party but it's hard for her not to stick out when standing next to her other sisters who tend to stick out like sore thumbs as though they didn't belong where they were.

But that doesn't mean that she doesn't love her two weird sisters just the same. They're just wired a little different. Not an issue.

"And the house keys?" Freya asked popping a hip to the side her hair elegantly curled and clear skin that glowed in the sunlight as she looked unamused. "I was supposed to meet Hailey an hour ago at the beach." She glanced at the watch rolling her eyes but not necessarily mad. She knew this was coming, so she lied about the time she was supposed to meet her friend and the only one who knew the truth was their parents and Verena.

Verena Rowan is young twelve year old who was always more comfortable standing next to someone than alone. She always wished to play or experience something different whether it meant shopping with Freya or playing in the ocean's water with Kalypso. She had the same problems with memory as seventeen year old Kalypso but those weren't things a twelve year old actually concern themselves with.

She just decides that being the youngest was the reason for her constant need of someone in their life and not that she was actually missing someone from her life.

How could she be missing someone from her life when she had her two older sisters in front of her and her parents taking every chance they could to talk to their kids, even when off on business trips?