3 ~ Aliens ~3

"Do you two realize what this means?"

"Were you not listening me, it could literally be an alien."

The Prince threw a gust of flames forward listening to his Uncle's words of advice

The Prince threw a gust of flames forward listening to his Uncle's words of advice. As he took a deep breath he pulled the Chi back and in concentration he thrust his hand forward.

"Hey Zuk- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?"

When the flames disappeared Verena had her hands shielding her face and her eyes looked ready to pop out of her skull.

"It's fire?" He answered her question before asking curiously "What does fuck mean?"

Verena's cheeks immediately flushed as she explained, " Uh...you see, I've never really known what the meaning was. Kal says it all the time, Freya says it when she's mad...you know ,I don't really know-if you want the actual meaning to it...look buddy you're asking the wrong person."

"Nephew, perhaps we should continue training." General Iroh reaches over and pulls his nephew away and Prince Zuko nods regaining his position and with focus summons another flame through his hands.

Meanwhile Verena stood there, eyes wide and terrified.

The Prince's scowl deepened as he bended and the General turned his back to them going to meditate, while the Prince wanted to do everything in his power to get rid of that terrified look on her face.

So while his Uncle was distracted he moved his hands and within his flames, created a flower to show to Verena.

"How are your katas?" General Iroh opened his eyes and the flower disappeared but Verena's terror remained.

She turned back into the ship and just like that, Prince Zuko was no longer given the courtesy of her presence.

As difficult as it was to escape Verena those first days after she discovered the ship was the same level of difficulty of finding Verena after that day.

Weeks passed in silence and he found that while at first he was glad to have his freedom back from being the twelve year old girl's constant source of entertainment it slowly grew strange. As the time passed he found it growing from strange to irritating. He used the time he had to continue his training and searching for new signs of the Avatar. One day though he had found himself standing outside Rilla and Verena's bedroom door.

Oh.

Did he?

He grit his teeth together and sighed, of course, he made to turn his back until he heard the door knob turn and cemented his feet to the floor to look at Rilla  who seemed a bit startled to see him at her door.

"Your Highness." Rilla greeted, her voice slightly brusque. "Are you feeling ill?"

"No. I'm wondering about the young girl though. I haven't seen her around."