2 ~ Baking ~ 2

"Are you a fan of spices?"

"You guys have salsas?"

Verena's time on the ship was not like she expected

She was put to room with the only female on the ship who reminded her of both her sisters. She always had her head focused on the potions and her studies of healing in the way that reminded her of Kalypso but she was sharp witted and quick to tell off the Lieutenant Jee in a way that reminded her of Freya.

At times like this however, she missed her sister's more than anything. It was only 11pm and the crew were all turning into bed, the exhaust clear on their faces.

While Verena, on the other hand, was just vibrating with energy and the desire to run around and play.

So she went to the youngest member of the ship. She found him in his room sitting across from some candles, watching them rise and fall with each of his breaths... the picture perfect image of peace and silence and calm.

"What are you doing?"

The Prince didn't even bother opening his eyes as he snapped out, "Meditating. It's to center my chi and I need to do it in quiet."

Verena rolled her eyes. She had heard that subtle warning way too often.

"I'm painting Ren. It's usually easier to do in peace."

"I'm doing homework Ren. Usually easier to do in peace."

"Ren I swear on my brushes that if you don't calm down and let me have one moment of peace! I will sit on you!"

It was a warning that she never listened to.

"So I'm hungry. Do you have any sweets here?"

The Prince scowled , refusing to open his eyes, and hissed out "Go bother Uncle or Rilla. They have more time for your nonsense."

Verena groaned plopping on the bed dramatically before wincing. The beds here were much harder then the ones at home. "You guys don't even have a phone or tv for me to play with!" She sighed.