[02] Pure Soul

I woke up to check on Geralt who was sleeping so I left him to rest and went to pick up my sword when a dagger appeared around my neck.

"Shxt," I sighed.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Renfri," woman stated.

"You'll regret this choice," I said.

"I think it's time that I make an ultimatum of my own," Renfri smirked.

Renfri took me back to Blaviken where she kept me hostage at the market.

"There's something unique about you but I can't put a finger on it," she said.

"My relationship with Geralt is none of your concerns," I hissed.

"Valyria please.....that witcher doesn't care for you in the way you believe he does," Renfri stated.

"And you would know, right?" I scoffed.

"Honestly, I wanted to see your reaction and it's intriguing; you two are bound by destiny because of Drautos the Immortal and something else that lies ahead for you both," she mentioned.

Suddenly, I hear metal hitting each other and sensed his power so I knew Geralt was here.

"When I say so, you'll scream his name twice to catch his attention," Renfri commanded.

Once Geralt took care of Renfri's men, Renfri placed her sword against my neck and I felt it piercing my skin.

"Do it," she ordered.

"Geralt! GERALT!" I shouted.

"You chose"

"Let Val go," Geralt ordered.

"I will kill her; I will kill everyone here until Stregobor comes down," Renfri said.

"Leave Blaviken, it's not too late," Geralt said.

"Magic doesn't work on me.....silver does though," she revealed.

"Silver is for monsters," he argued.

Renfri shoved me against the wall as she crossed swords with Geralt so I got up and watched them go back and forth until he stabbed her with the dagger.

"The girl in the woods.....she's your destiny," Renfri whispered.

"Geralt?"

"Go, prepare Roach and Dorian for our upcoming travels," he stated.

"Alright but I'm coming back if I sense anything wrong," I warned.

I went to prepare our horses when I sensed a sorcerer within Blaviken so I went back and held my sword against Stregobor's neck.

"I suggest you leave this be," I warned.

"Valyria, put the sword down," Geralt ordered.

"Daughter of Drautos the Immortal.....you have your mother's beauty and gifts yet I see the attitude and senseless violence you and your father share," Stregobor said.

"You don't even know me," I hissed.

"Enough Valyria, put the sword down and let us go," Geralt said.

I did what Geralt told me and we left Blaviken for good as he allowed me to travel with him to collect coin better using my skills.

POSADA 1240

Geralt and I went into a tavern together where he wanted to have a drink as I noticed a charming bard singing.

"Wow, a bard like that would make every woman in Eliona come to the taverns more often," I smirked.

"Hm"

"Your grunts are amazing responses," I teased.

"Ria, this isn't like when we were children.....things have changed," Geralt stated.

"It took you nine years to actually tell me that," I sighed.

"Well, you've never been so annoyed by my grunts until now," he mentioned.

We gave them our orders as we sat in a corner, drinking our ale and the bard was singing of monsters that didn't exist.

"How did you know something was wrong?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Nine years ago, you came from behind purposely to see my sword-"

"I know you, Valyria especially when it comes to your bullshxt; I also know your mother would never let you have that sword.....not unless something were to happen," Geralt stated.

My food came so I ate and we drank together while the bard sings his song until the others threw food at him so he stopped singing and glanced over at our direction.

"I love the way you just.....sit in the corner and brood with a lovely woman sitting across from you," the bard said.

"We're here to drink alone," Geralt said.

"No one else hesitated to comment on the quality of my performance, except....for you two. Come on. You don't want to keep a man with....bread in his pants waiting. You both must have some review for me. Three word or less," he mentioned.

I looked at Geralt as I knew he wasn't going to talk to him unless I do something.

"They don't exist," I stated.

"What don't exist?" The bard asked.

"The creatures in song," Geralt responded.

"And how would either of you know?"

Geralt got up and paid for my food and our drinks as we were leaving the tavern.

"You're the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia and you're his lovely companion, Valyria of Eliona. Called it," he said.

We were leaving when a man stopped us to help with a monster stealing their food so Geralt accepted the job and we left with the bard following us.